Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   interior parts (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/interior-parts-26359/)

volvos8087 01-08-2009 10:56 PM

interior parts

i want to know if anyone knows where to get a new one of those little storage compartments that is on the left side of the HU with the slide down cover mine is broke and i just want to replace the whole storage thing.

SACS80 01-09-2009 05:08 AM

RE: interior parts

What's broke on it?

volvos8087 01-09-2009 12:46 PM

the sliding door cover thing

andrei3333 01-09-2009 06:52 PM

go to a scrap yard, or dealer

but in general my volvo has a crappy interior quality, everything is so fragile, the other day i was adjusting the mirrors and the knob came off, i was lucky i was able to slide it back on, then i noticed the roof and pillar lining showing bubbles meaning its ready to come off, the little plastic piece on the back of the center console broke off, the headlights cannot be turned off (only when you take out the key), the center cup holder works, but its like cracked, the right side air vent cannot be adjusted cause the slider thing came loose, and the left side vent the knob you move it with also came off...

i mean these are issues i can live with (somewhat), but im not happy with the interior build quality of this car, its total crap

jlewisinsyr 01-09-2009 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: andrei3333

...the headlights cannot be turned off (only when you take out the key...

Isn't that the point of Daytime Running Lights. You can go to the dealer and they can disable them if you don't want them on all the time while driving.

As for the interior part, I checked myswedishparts.com and they show it (it's just called trim), but no price is listed, it's by request. My guess is around $40 for a new one (the fold out cupholder in the S60 for the pocket next to the radio is around $45.00).

andrei3333 01-09-2009 11:38 PM

no im not wasting money on interior parts when the check engine light is on and i rather spend money on maintenance not little plastic trim pieces

its not the day time running lights, its the whole headlight and parking light system

then what is that switch to the far left for ? its there for no reason ? ( the switch that seems to be made to turn the headlights and parking lights on/off )

tower101 01-10-2009 09:57 PM

no im not wasting money on interior parts when the check engine light is on and i rather spend money on maintenance not little plastic trim pieces

its not the day time running lights, its the whole headlight and parking light system

then what is that switch to the far left for ? its there for no reason ? ( the switch that seems to be made to turn the headlights and parking lights on/off )

They all do that, yes the switch does not really turn them off.You can just put the marker lights on but if you turn it to off they turn back on LOL, the high beams will not work with the head lights "off" though. Very stupid design.

andrei3333 01-10-2009 11:34 PM

yeah that's retarded, oh and i just remembered my "auto" dimming rear view mirror is forever dimmed lol ( or shall i say doomed ?) hahah

and who needs the rear "fog" light ? i mean if someone cant see your rear lights when you drive or use the brakes then they are not close enough... that thing is useless, someone at volvo probly spent a year designing the rear fog light circuit for nothing...it looks like volvo created a competition to have more buttons than a bmw or mercedez

tower101 01-11-2009 12:17 AM

The rear fog light can be found on almost all European cars. You use it in low visibility, so you don't get rear ended. IMO its a good safety feature.

jlewisinsyr 01-12-2009 07:39 PM

yeah that's retarded, oh and i just remembered my "auto" dimming rear view mirror is forever dimmed lol ( or shall i say doomed ?) hahah

and who needs the rear "fog" light ? i mean if someone cant see your rear lights when you drive or use the brakes then they are not close enough... that thing is useless, someone at volvo probly spent a year designing the rear fog light circuit for nothing...it looks like volvo created a competition to have more buttons than a bmw or mercedez

WOW, can you be any more negative about the car you own? Rear fog lights are pretty much standard equipment on European cars (BMW, Audi, MB, etc.). I live in a very snowy part of the country and I can tell you, the rear fog light is as bright as a standard brake light (not parking light). People can see it much further then your parking lights under heavy fog/snow and know to stay further back before you need to stop.

As for the auto dimming rear mirror, these are such headaches, even on cars other then Volvo. My Lincoln side mirrors leaked and the middle one just stopped working one day. Sure the feature is nice, but the cost benefit is completely wrong.

andrei3333 01-12-2009 08:10 PM

yeah i could be more negative, but this thread covers only interior parts, oh yeah and my glove box is kinda broken, you have to move it part this clicking noise to close it, its like a piece inside has broken off that holds it,,,,could be worse, i could have no interior at all and ride in a wooden carriage lol

i just like the seats and the shifter knob, those are ok - im serious - im gona try to fix what i can with junk yard parts this summer when its warm enough to scavenge the scrap yards

Xkontour98 02-20-2009 11:17 AM

I know this is an old thread but I thought the rear fog lights are pretty cool. I also live where it snows heavily and they are nice to have. They are also fun to flick on and off when someone is tailgating you....

abflip567 02-20-2009 06:50 PM

if you want to buy a new garage door thing i have one, but i saw that you did not want to waste money on such interior pieces. i would be willing to sell you the whole head unit with 4 disc changer as well. just let me know if you would like to work out a deal and we can talk prices

andrei3333 02-20-2009 07:17 PM

can you post a picture of the cd changer inside the trunk ?

i need to see the connections to see if i can buy a used s80 changer and connect it to my car that did not come with one...