Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   My remote keys don't remember seat positions (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/my-remote-keys-dont-remember-seat-positions-6836/)

kwang 07-19-2006 06:33 AM

My remote keys don't remember seat positions

(* Apologies for duplicate posting. I posted this to the Chat group.
But I later found this is a correct forum. *)

Hi,

I have an s80 2.9 (2005) and a question about the remote keys.

According to the manual, each remote key stores the current driver-seat and side-mirror
positions so that next time when I unlock and open the driver door the driver seat and
the side mirrors should move to their stored positions.

My wife stored her prefered positions to her remote key (by just locking the door using her remote key after her drive). I did the same thing to my key. But next time when I unlock the door using my key, the seats stay still, no authomatic adjustment to my stored positions. Samething to my wife's.

I visited a service center and they have no idea why. I just drove back home without any fix.

Not a serious problem but annoying!

How's your car? Did anybody experience the same problem?
Anything that I have to make sure in using the feature?

Thanks in advance,

-Kwang

tech 07-19-2006 09:37 PM

RE: My remote keys don't remember seat positions

Did you buy it new or used?

How many remotes do you have?

kwang 07-22-2006 05:25 AM

I bought it used (but was less than 3000 miles, May 2006).
I have two remotes.

-Kwang

tech 07-22-2006 11:06 AM

The Dealer needs to see what the remote #'s are.
They can tell. The remote positions 1 2 3 work the Seats. The car holds up to 5 remotes into memory.
If your are #4 or 5 they won't work the seats at all.

auburnvolvo 07-22-2006 11:43 AM

Your remote actually remembers the last position of the seats and mirrors not really the memory #. It is not linked directly to a certain remote. We have a S80 and R wagon. The wagon had 4 remotes when we bought it so it depends on which one I grab. Basically when ever remote you lock the car with it will remember those positions. If you get in and change the positions then lock it with the same remote it will store those settings. Keep your remotes to yourselves and everything goes smooth.

We have walked out and swapped drivers before using the others keys and it will mess up the links until you reset them.

tech 07-22-2006 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: auburnvolvo

Your remote actually remembers the last position of the seats and mirrors not really the memory #. It is not linked directly to a certain remote. We have a S80 and R wagon. The wagon had 4 remotes when we bought it so it depends on which one I grab. Basically when ever remote you lock the car with it will remember those positions. If you get in and change the positions then lock it with the same remote it will store those settings. Keep your remotes to yourselves and everything goes smooth.

We have walked out and swapped drivers before using the others keys and it will mess up the links until you reset them.
Only 1 2 3 positon of Programmed remotes work with the Seats.
If someone owns 4 remotes only 3 will work for the seats.

kwang 07-24-2006 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: tech

ORIGINAL: auburnvolvo

Only 1 2 3 positon of Programmed remotes work with the Seats.
If someone owns 4 remotes only 3 will work for the seats.
Hm.. confusing. We have only 2 remotes.
I think the "remote #" must be set by the users (by locking the doors).
Hi tech, you mean that each remote has a fixed link with the memory #?

-Kwang

tech 07-25-2006 12:52 AM

Yes they are stored in Memory seperate.
The keys you have might be 4 and 5 and the keys werent turned on or lost and the originals never deleted.
The Dealer can check to see what # your remote is stored as.

kwang 07-25-2006 03:53 AM

ORIGINAL: tech

Yes they are stored in Memory seperate.
The keys you have might be 4 and 5 and the keys werent turned on or lost and the originals never deleted.
The Dealer can check to see what # your remote is stored as.
Then, it's not what the manual says. Interesting.
If my remotes are linked to 4 and 5, chan they be changed to memory 1 and 4?
Anyhow, I will ask the dealer to check. Thanks a lot!

-Kwang

tech 07-25-2006 10:09 PM

If you have the original stickers from the remotes with the Pin#'s then they can be changed.
But if not then no way.

kwang 07-28-2006 08:19 PM

Ok, thanks a lot. -Kwang