Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   New to me '08 V8 Sport w/8K mi. (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/new-me-08-v8-sport-w-8k-mi-44167/)

ATJ 08-04-2010 01:20 PM

New to me '08 V8 Sport w/8K mi.

Hi to all:

Just registered today and looking forward to participating.

Traveled last month from NE OH to the DC area to pick-up an '08 S80 V8 w/ sport pkg and only 8K mi. MSRP was $54K, paid exactly 1/2. All books, window sticker, etc. Other options include the climate pkg, sat prep & met silver paint. Apparently, the dealer couldn't sell it back in '08 and added the "appearance" pkg (pinstripe, edge/wheel guards) and then used it as a svc loaner.

Drove it back w/no issues and now @ around 9,300 mi; really like the power and fit/finish as I am coming from a great Infiniti which I drove for 157k mi w/o any issues.

Cons: Obviously MPG, also sat kit is expensive and only dealer supplied. I am also not impressed w/ the stnd audio system; my Infiniti Bose system sounds way better. I wonder if an addt'l amp and new speakers could be added?

Thanks - Alex

gordon368 08-07-2010 09:27 PM

you gotta tune the stereo just right, i got mine 07 v8 to sound really amazing. SO when u go to equalizer settings bump the first hz settin all the way up, next one all the way down, next one all the way up, and do the same for the rest in that pattern. Same thing for rears. thats what i have mine set too.

I really like the sound of the exhaust and the grunt. Kinda loud for a Volvo but its really cool.

I have to say when i floored it in the car, in tip tronic if I shift it at a very specific rpms and gave it just the right amount of gas, it shifted with a really cool feeling.

I have to say that handling is like a wooly bison lol, especially at higher speeds. i dont got the sport package, so im guessing its better. Its a very solid, rugged car.

Gas mileage is a def a draw back, but my traveling distances are short so i do just fine!

you plannin on doing any upgrades to yours?

ATJ 08-09-2010 08:34 AM

S80 v8

Thanks for your advice re the EQ; I actually was setting-up the EQ this weekend after discovering it. The previous setttings were all flat, so I hope the sound will improve.

Re upgrades, nothing really planned @ this time. If I end-up keeping the car past the warranty, I may add some K&N filters, intake, etc.

Re mpg and assuming the on-board computer is correct, I reset everything this weekend before a 20 mile flat, interstate stretch and set the cruise to 66 MPH; according to the read-out, my avg was 26.3 MPG which surprised me. I like the car as I never see the V8's around where I live. Before buying, I was looking @ Cadillac STS's, CTS's, the E350 Sport & Jag XF, but always liked the S80 styling. Also, for $27K, it was a steal IMO.

Hope it serves me well.

Take care....Alex