Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   nothing works (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/nothing-works-13619/)

danieln 09-05-2007 09:47 PM

nothing works

2000 s80 2.9, everything below the stereo doesn't work ( a/c, seat heater, the orange light for the gear select, the light for the "W" switch, the buttin that drops the rear headrests, the button that unlocks the trunk, the dome lights that are button operated and the moon roof) i checked all the fuses and non of them are blow is there anybody on here that could help me out?

JPN 09-06-2007 08:47 AM

RE: nothing works

Check for loose/disconnected electrical connector.

JPN

master_pre 09-06-2007 01:18 PM

Possible software issue but that would be a massive failure! [:-]

tech 09-06-2007 05:39 PM

Did the battery go dead lately?

danieln 09-06-2007 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: tech

Did the battery go dead lately?
it got replaced, does something have to be reset by the stealership?

tech 09-06-2007 09:00 PM

Usually if you lock and unlock the car with the key and remote it will reset.

danieln 09-06-2007 11:21 PM

ORIGINAL: tech

Usually if you lock and unlock the car with the key and remote it will reset.
do the key and remote at the same time or one after the other in a sequence?

danieln 09-07-2007 09:19 AM

well, i tried locking and unlocking it with the remote and key, the moonroof and dome lights work, is there a sensor that could have gone out when thae battery was changed that hase something to do with that panel?

tech 09-07-2007 05:32 PM

The ECC might have just gone out.(burned up from the low voltage.)
See if you can find a shop near you that can read the codes in the systems on the car.

elguzzy 01-16-2009 06:45 PM

I just had the same thing happen with my Electronic Climate Control (ECC) module in my 2000 Volvo S80. I was just checking to see if I could get to the light bulbs in the back of the ECC since one of them burnt out. I first disconnect the negative terminal on my battery as I learned I should do from this Volvo Forum. I actually never disconnected the harnesses on the back of the ECC. The only thing I did was take out a light bulb and put it back in. I did have to turn the ECC upside down to get the bulb out. When I put everything back together, the overall ECC moduledidn't work (i.e., no heat, no AC, no fan, no heated seats, and none of the switches on bottom of the ECC work). I didn't think I pulled extensively on the wires leading to the harness when I turned the ECC unit upside down, but I still may have accidently disconnected an electrical connector in the harness, as tech notesabove that could happen. I don'tknow how I could offried the ECC module when I was working on it since I had thenegative battery terminal unhooked at the time.

Has anyone else experienced similar symptoms with their ECC module and if so, what was the fix? Thanks in advance.