Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   Park/Blinker Light Popped out! (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/park-blinker-light-popped-out-15112/)

n3cr0 11-14-2007 04:56 PM

Park/Blinker Light Popped out!

Hey guys. Well, I was driving along a road down the street from my house, which was underoging constrution during the day, and by night, was all cleaned up. But they weren't exaclty finished. After I got through the rough section, it appeared to be normal road again, until there was a huge *BUMP* , with no sign to warn me, probably putting a nice dink in my rims too.

But the reason im posting is when I got home, to my suprise the front right blinker/park light was hanging by the wires. I'm positive I didn't hit anything, and pretty sure nothing hit me, so the bump is the only thing I could think of. But I can't get the light to go back in. I lined up the locking mechanism and all the prongs, and when I give it a nice push nothing happens. The bottom circular prong that fits into one of the wholes has marks as if another piece of plastic was there but cracked off.

Any ideas?

tech 11-14-2007 07:06 PM

RE: Park/Blinker Light Popped out!

The tabs locking the light in usually break and the light will fall out.

n3cr0 11-14-2007 08:00 PM

The actual locking part doesn't seem to be the part that is broken tho. I'll try to get a pic up if it will help.

EuroDriverSD 11-15-2007 12:40 PM

On each of my parking lights, when I had to change the bulb, I breathed on the locking tab and it broke off. I didn't even want to botherasking Volvo what a new one costs (since the plastic will probably go brittle in no time at all again) so my practical solution was to put a big dabble of silicone on a few spots behind the light housing. they have held in place just fine.

jks2 11-15-2007 01:41 PM

Silicon or duct tape. Duct tape will hold anything and now-a-days it comes in enough colors that you can match it to your car color.;)

tech 11-15-2007 08:28 PM

Also you could stick a little screw in to hold it.

n3cr0 11-16-2007 12:39 PM

Well I never know what ill have to take it off for, so I probably won't do soemthing as permanent as silicon. I was just wondering if it was a common thing, or if there was a trick or something to get it back in. Thanks for the help.

tech 11-16-2007 08:48 PM

Yes it is common. Try a small screw into the light to hold it in.

EuroDriverSD 11-20-2007 12:21 PM

Just so you know, the silicone is not "permanent." If you need to take it out again, just give it a firm pull and it will come out very clean and it won't pull the paintorbreak the plasticlike regular glues. Then you can peel off the old silicone, put on a fresh dab and put it back in.