Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   Pedal position sensor (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/pedal-position-sensor-7834/)

ANDY BARNES 09-20-2006 11:43 PM

Pedal position sensor

I have a 2000 s80 t6 and recently I have been getting a obd code of p0121, pedal position sensor. Is this related to the AMF or the throttle box? Is this a DIY fix.
Thanks,

Andy

master_pre 09-21-2006 12:28 AM

RE: Pedal position sensor

Sorry for not having an answer, but it never ceases to amaze me how many freaking sensors there are in this car! [:-]

tech 09-21-2006 08:40 PM

Is that in the engine or ABS?

Does it say Brake pedal sensor?

My cheater book says it is throttle position sensor related to the throttle body.

mrcoleman143 08-05-2007 03:44 PM

i found out i have a brake pedal position sensor fault. my question is why would it turn on a "check engine light'? how are they related?

billofdurham 08-05-2007 04:24 PM

As Tech said, P0121 is a throttle sensor code. The check engine light comes on because the throttle unit requests it to alert the user.

How you have a brake pedal sensor fault with that code is a mystery.

mrcoleman143 08-05-2007 04:47 PM

I dont know the code for brake pedal postion sensor. According to the mechanic yesterday, when he scanned the codes with hookups to his laptop, he found a faulty mass airflow sensor . Mass airflow was replaced. The other fault showed brake pedal position sensor fault. He cleared the check engine light,which came back on later in the day, which most likely would be brake pedal postion sensor.My question is ,why would it turn check engine light on? How are they related.

tech 08-05-2007 04:57 PM

Because if that sensor is bad it cuts the cruise control off.
That is how it is related to the engine module.

mrcoleman143 08-05-2007 05:04 PM

Thank You Tech for your info, greatly appreciated! Keep up the good work!

mrcoleman143 08-06-2007 01:30 PM

Do you know where the brake pedal position sensor is located and approx. price? Also what obd code p1181&p1171 means? Thank You

mrcoleman143 08-06-2007 06:10 PM

tranny shudder

Forgot to mention transmission shudders between 2nd & 3rd gear.I called the volvo dealer about soft ware update, he said since there is no recall, it will cost $160.00 if soft ware is accepted. .If not accepted around $90.00. I understand there is Tech Service Bulletin on this numerous issue, why volvo won't cover the cost is disturbing. How often is it an sth issue, from your experience? The issue of soft ware acceptence or non acceptence, what does that mean? Thanks

tech 08-07-2007 06:42 PM

RE: tranny shudder

The pedal position sensor is mounted in the brake booster under the hood. Not sure of price.

1171 is rotor sensor (Don't know much more)
1181 Fuel delivery system to high (Don't know much here either)
I usually only use scanners that have Volvo codes.

Tech note is only to help a tech fix a car.
A service bulletin is a recall.
There is many tech notes about the transmission issues. They will not pay for the software.

If the car has the latest software already it will not accept any software.

fatshady 10-07-2011 01:11 PM

S60 pedal position sensor

Did you get this resolved?
My 2001 S60 2.4T has an engine light, and an abs message requiring service. The cruise control was intermittent for awhile then recently quit altogether. The transmission also shifts roughly sometimes, mainly from 2nd to 3rd after a slowdown. I took it to the dealer and they gave me a long list of what needs fixing, that would cost more than the car is worth so I am looking to do as much as i can myself. I am hoping that a pedal position sensor would take care of some of these issues, as that is one item on their list. I didn't get the actual code list from the dealer and I am 90 miles from the nearest one, so I got the local autozone to pull codes after that and they came up with a speed sensor, that I would interpolate as being the hall effect output sensor on the tranny, but I am thinking the AZ code readout on a Volvo might be worthless.
Any advice and can you suggest where I can order this sensor(s)?
Thanks,
Fatshady