Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   perfect running, to completely dead in 2 minutes??? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/perfect-running-completely-dead-2-minutes-78728/)

joey_espo 06-15-2014 07:44 AM

perfect running, to completely dead in 2 minutes???

2000 s80 t-6. ran great with plenty of power. i decided to use seafoam (70% can in oil/%25 in gas tank, and last 5%.) almost as instantly i poured the seafoam into the intake the car started to run horrible, which is normal for adding seafoam.....drive around the block and it has lost alot of power, i smell burning odor and pull over to find both cats glowing red hot (clogged cats.) i get home and disconnect the down-pipe from the turbos, and drive it again....this time the car has less power, and will not go more than idle speed.

i bought a cheap code reader with gave the code random misfire....i put in new plugs with no difference, im going to assume its a coil? however the car will not run in drive more than 1.5k rmp (idle speed/aprox 5 mph) i know one or 2 coils the car will still run just rough/poor.

only way i can describe the engine is that the car sounds like a race car with a big cam but no power.

is there any way adding the seafoam could interfere with the coil packs?

soooo...many problems occurred within a 5 minute time period that literally went from perfect running to dead in the front yard :(

kalali 06-15-2014 09:23 AM

Was the car running fine before the Seafoam treatment? Where did you put it in the intake? May be you got some on the air flow meter. You should see a significant mount of white smoke if you did that and you should keep the revs high while add the Seafoam. I think its highly unlikely that you got multiple bad coils all of a sudden. Keep us posted.

joey_espo 06-15-2014 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by kalali (Post 390283)
Was the car running fine before the Seafoam treatment? Where did you put it in the intake? May be you got some on the air flow meter. You should see a significant mount of white smoke if you did that and you should keep the revs high while add the Seafoam. I think its highly unlikely that you got multiple bad coils all of a sudden. Keep us posted.

i poured a small amount into each intake tube after all the sensors.what makes it even more odd is that there was NO white smoke at all. i have used seafoam on multiple other vehicles and always made my neighbors hate me for about an hour lol. i removed the coils one by one today and it seems i have 2 that are bad....i went ahead and replaced one of them (only had the $$ for one today) the car runs a little better but still NO power. i have sen and driven cars with one bad coil and they drive ok but this car has absoutely no power when its in drive and i press the accelerator.