Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   A photoshop of a black S80... (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/photoshop-black-s80-25996/)

poor_red_neck 12-29-2008 12:33 PM

A photoshop of a black S80...

So I should be picking up my '00 S80 this week. Its black, 2.9L

I love the lines of the car, but many things just no matter how hard I try to ignore it makes it look like my soccer mom gave me the car.

I'm a young guy, so my precious self image is still worth something to me [8D]

I don't like "pimped out" cars so no "bling bling" for me. No chrome wheels, etc etc.

Here's a photoshop I whipped up for what I'm trying to go for with the car. Now I'm REALLY bad at photoshop but you'll get the idea.

Basically, tint the windows (15-25%) drop it about an inch maybe 1.5" and put some nice 17" POSSIBLY 18" matte black wheels. I don't "love" the red stripe on those konig wheels, but I think it adds just enough of an aggressive look without over doing it. De-Badge the whole car and have a black grill. Smoked tail lights and head lights.

Now, do you know of any ACTUAL photos of some S80s with that general look I'm going for? It would be greatly appreciated.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20337/C2ABAC92774B4A9E8D891EB2E6EFE78F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20337/FAB31C96523C4F5E927B092A28C9A631.jpg[/IMG]

tech 12-29-2008 01:38 PM

RE: A photoshop of a black S80...

Have not seen any that look anything like that. I really like that if you end up doing it please let us know I would love to see real pics of it once it is done.

poor_red_neck 12-29-2008 03:18 PM

Well the tinting of the windows and lights ill do immediately. Along with the debadging. Im having a hard time finding wheels to match the S80s bolt pattern.
The loweing i should have done by march.

tech 12-29-2008 03:25 PM

5x108 is the lug pattern.
I would really like to see it done that would look awesome.

I wish more people on here did Photoshop.

If all else fails maybe look for the S60R 18's and paint them black I think that would look good as well.

gordon368 12-29-2008 03:25 PM

heh looks like kip from night rider lol

jlewisinsyr 12-29-2008 05:58 PM

Good luck with the drop...the S80s are notorious for wheel rub turning with stock rims/tires, I can only imagine how bad it will be with it dropped and with bigger feet.

andrei3333 12-29-2008 06:19 PM

save your money for the maintenance, these cars dont have a lot of aftermarket parts for custom jobs, so yeah they break down a lot so fix the problems first, if you want a nice car you can customize get a nissan maxima - what i used to drive

poor_red_neck 12-29-2008 07:03 PM

What the hell kind of post is that? Im not ricing out my car with a body kit or anything. Im simply tinting the windows and adding aftermarket wheels. Take a chill pill!

jlewisinsyr 12-29-2008 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: andrei3333

save your money for the maintenance, these cars dont have a lot of aftermarket parts for custom jobs, so yeah they break down a lot so fix the problems first, if you want a nice car you can customize get a nissan maxima - what i used to drive
Ouch man, sorry you have your panties caught up in a bunch from buying the dreaded 1999 series S80...you don't need to take it out on everyone else.

As a long time Nissan (2 Altimas, 1 Maxima, 2 300zx)owner, I can tell you that the Volvo S80 is leaps and bounds superior to the Nissan Maxima.

poor_red_neck 12-29-2008 08:12 PM

Ok then please excuse me.

I'm just a little confused then, as to why you are in a Volvo forum promoting Nissan.

Shouldn't you be trolling www.nissanforums.com or something? I mean I thought the purpose of a car forum was to look to other owners/fans for assistance.

I was a mechanic for 3 years, been working on cars since I was 10 years old. I'm ASE A1-A8 certified in everything but A2&A3 (transmissions)
I can tell you that you don't give much of an argument in the case of nissans. In my experience I can tell you Nissan sure doesn't know how to build a cylinder head. LOADS of valve problems, camshaft issues, etc.

I'm capable of maintaining the car.My only other post on this board is regarding the transmission issues associated with the GM built transmissions.

So I appreciate your input and recommendation to buy a Nissan Maxima (which I by the way find hideous in appearance in my opinion) but I'm not interested. If I was I'd be on nissanforums.com and not volvoforums.com

Somthngfrce 12-29-2008 08:12 PM

OK. So in other words youwant a"Murdered Out" S80..That's what it's called when youblackout a car.I saw one at the SEMA show in Vegas last year. Sick, Sick car. He had 18's on it. He kept the factory black paint, painted the Wheels same color black as the car. In the interior he took the woodgrain out and added silver brushed molding. It looked cool! and the headlights were smoked some what.. Take pics and post them to see what yours looks like. Should be cool project. I will try and look thru my pictures of the show and see if I can find the Volvo.

poor_red_neck 12-29-2008 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: gordon368

heh looks like kip from night rider lol
Hah, Yeah I guess it kind of does. Maybe I'll get some red LEDs behind the grill...

I just like the look of a car "all black." Its a personal taste.

I know I'm not the only one that would agree the all black is much sexier than the red...

http://www.revmods.com/wp-content/up...0-tunero03.jpg
http://www.revmods.com/wp-content/up...0-tunero05.jpg

Compared to...

http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news...so-f430-03.jpg
http://www.2dayblog.com/images/6-nov...rrari-f430.jpg

andrei3333 12-29-2008 08:18 PM

i didnt say it in that way, i was just stating that you can have more fun modifying a max, check out maxima.org and you'll know what i mean. its not just about springs and skirts

and thanks a lot for the dreaded 99, its not so dreaded to me, yes it is leaps and bounds ahead of any max up to 03, but not in the engine department if you know anything about the VQ engine

anyways, im enjoying my car with a few minor problems, less problems than my maxima had

poor_red_neck 12-29-2008 08:29 PM

That reply was geared more towards jlewisinsyr

I hope that you aren't referring to a Z32 for a nissan argument either. Yes the VG30DE was a great engine, the car however was horribly engineered. What a PITA to work on.

Found this interesting too...

[IMG]local://upfiles/20337/1AEAE4306C7E4F90B79B60512C2EE3E6.jpg[/IMG]

SilverS80 12-29-2008 08:31 PM

Dreaded S80 in deed!

Dreaded 99 S80 indeed! Man if I would've done more research on this car i would've never bought tha one I have ..... nothing but freaking problems.. but knowin what I do now about the car I would hope Volvo improved the S80 after the 99 model came out ... cause if not.. damn! I have never had soo many problems with a single car I've owned as i have with this one... I mean how many cars have both blocks in the automatic windows break on both sides around the same time...I mean seriously! There are tons of other crap going on.. tranny, radio and tuning backlights not working... highbeams not working .. but if u hit a big enough bum or pot hole they work?! I mean wt hell.

Somthngfrce 12-29-2008 08:35 PM

RE: Dreaded S80 in deed!

Poor_red_neck, check this out. I think someone beat you to the "murdering out"! But I guess this might give u a better "real world" idea. You'll see the pics.... http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index...owtopic=106001

poor_red_neck 12-29-2008 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Somthngfrce

Poor_red_neck, check this out. I think someone beat you to the "murdering out"! But I guess this might give u a better "real world" idea. You'll see the pics.... http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index...owtopic=106001

Wow, that car is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thanks for the post!

tech 12-29-2008 08:40 PM

Thats the S60 I think the S80 will look better his way.

Somthngfrce 12-29-2008 08:44 PM

TECH, I know. just thought he might get a better Idea of a "done project" as opposed to the "photoshop" visualization. Poor_Red_neck, what you should also do since you have that red stripe on the wheels, add red Piping if you have black leather in the car to complement the wheels. That will make it that much cooler and maybe have someone weave S80 in red on black floormats!

Somthngfrce 12-29-2008 08:46 PM

Damn, now all the suddenI feel like having a black 850 in the garage,lol....