Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   problems with my volvo s80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/problems-my-volvo-s80-15107/)

volvos8099 11-14-2007 02:06 PM

problems with my volvo s80

i just bought a 99 volvo s80. I was reading that they have had alot of problems (faulty codes) that year, my issues are the following.Car gives me errors but dissapear, and then pops up sometimes again. brake failure stop asap, transmission service required, svc required, check engine,abs service required. Car drives perfectly fine, i have only had one issue though, whne message comes up ( brake failure stop asap) car accelerate very slowly and when it pops up a small hill , then i cant barely make it once it goes away though i have no problems whatsoever. Its weird comes drives like new, but sometimes gets annoying. i know they have a update for the computer, and throttle body recall if needed. i have it scheduled for a maintance check up at a volvo dealership tomorrow.
Its 105.00 to diagnose, but they said it might all be free if those are the issues involved with ecm and throttle body. One other problem is that everyrthing on my gauge works except the the miles dont show. By that i mean how many miles are on the car , just this ---- ----? im pretty sure its under 200k, cause i car faxed it and last miles shown was at 185k in june 07 and a dealer bought it as a trade in. Love the car but id rather fix the issue if i can. The volvo tech also said that it might just have gotten unplugged or a fuse? hopefully Anyway they can flash it back :)

p.s when the brake failure comes on sometimes, my mpg gauges goes to 0 and gets stuck, when it goes away everything works again

tech 11-14-2007 06:55 PM

RE: problems with my volvo s80

Your ABS module is bad.

volvos8099 11-15-2007 03:44 PM

well i got it checked and it had the software updated and all recalls done before with volvo. they told me that it needs new abs module an dim module and o2 sensors evap hose and bulbs on instrument panel. that want 3500 to fix all. now i know i seen someone here have a link for a rebuilt abs module for like 110. anyone know where i can get a cheap dim module

diehardgator1 11-15-2007 04:05 PM

I had mine fix at BBA-reman I think 79.00 with freight came to about 100.00 4 months ago and works great They even have complete instructions on how to remove it. They received it Mon morning and had it on UPS back to me Tue afternoon Had it back on my car Friday I was having the same messages also

volvos8099 11-15-2007 04:21 PM

is that for the dim or abs module? can you give me the link please if possible

diehardgator1 11-15-2007 04:32 PM

That is for the ABS Mod Not much at posting links but Google ABS-reman and you will find it ok Might ask them about the dim also

jks2 11-15-2007 06:40 PM

BBA is for the ABS module. Mine is there right now. Sixty-nine + $20 shipping (for both directions) $89 total. They have a lifetime warranty on the repair. Clear instructions to remove. Easily done, took about 5 minutes. The biggest hassle is having an E6 torx socket to get the 4 bolts off. I ended up getting mine from the MATCO tool guy.

tech 11-15-2007 09:06 PM

The DIM will be a Dealer only item.
That is the Speedo cluster which is a computer in the network and needs to be programmed to the car.
I would get the ABS module fixed then take it from there.
Because that being bad can make the speedo cluster do many wacky things.
I can make you loose the speedo,milage,Tach and make many lights come on.