Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   S80 Emission System Service Required Reset (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/s80-emission-system-service-required-reset-4065/)

reg 02-19-2006 01:04 PM

RE: S80 Emission System Service Required Reset

I guess that is why so many of us opt to perform our own brake service and use premium parts at that (I know TECH, you swear by the Volvo pads). As to replacing the oxygen sensor.............what's the big deal? They do not last forever and eventually you will need one so.........replace it! That job is also a DIY project thereby saving the $'s. It simply amazes me how some of the members quibble about the cost of replacing parts on their auto or the price that the dealer charges for service! If you want "inexpensive", then buy a Chevy for God's sake!
Reg

gordon368 02-19-2006 11:14 PM

ya actually its 1000$ when i called and asked for brake pads and rotors all around.....

JCVolvoS80 02-20-2006 03:55 AM

Where can I get some diagrams on checking/replacing the rotors and pads? I think that would be a good project for me to work on. I had better be sure of myself though or I won't be driving anywhere anytime soon.

reg 02-20-2006 01:21 PM

Purchase a Chilton's manual at your local auto parts store. The 70 series is 'part number 72302'. they are very inexpensive and have a plethora of information and help for you.
Reg

ORIGINAL: JCVolvoS80

Where can I get some diagrams on checking/replacing the rotors and pads? I think that would be a good project for me to work on. I had better be sure of myself though or I won't be driving anywhere anytime soon.

tech 02-20-2006 08:35 PM

Im not sure if they make a chiltons yet for the S80.
Look on E-bay for the Vadis program. That will tell you how to do it.

reg 02-20-2006 10:04 PM

My mistake TECH..........I was somehow thinking that I was in the s70 forum.
R.

ORIGINAL: tech

tech 02-20-2006 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: reg

My mistake TECH..........I was somehow thinking that I was in the s70 forum.
R.

ORIGINAL: tech

No biggie we will let it go this time BUT DON"T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN LOL[sm=devilangel.gif]

fire2havoc 02-21-2006 12:01 PM

The S80 uses OBDII to pass the smog check. However, what I did was just disable to rear sensors. Now the warning and check engine never come on.

S80guy 03-01-2006 04:28 PM

Well, I picked up the car today and replacing the front oxygen sensor, as per diagnostic code P0135, Volvo ECM-2110, has fixed the 'Emission System Service Required ' light.

My car is UK spec. 2.4 litre non-turbo petrol S80, so it only has one front and one rear oxygen sensor.
This was done at the same time as the 90k miles service and whilst resetting the air bag message.

However, the handbrake used to engage firmly after about 3 clicks, now the handbrake comes up much higher and needs about 9 clicks to engage properly.
I'm taking the car back as clearly this is not right. The workshop is an independent so I suspect they may have made some kind of mistake whilst checking the condition of the rear brakes.

Can anyone suggest what they may have done wrong?

Thanks!

tech 03-01-2006 09:07 PM

They might have thought the E-brake was to tight and loosened it up.

David Woodward 03-08-2009 02:28 PM

The last time I got those codes
( twice) there was a miss firing coil or (several coils). replacing the bad coils took the code away. It drove fine and the misfire was almost undetectable. Check your coils.

Stewarta 08-18-2014 07:18 PM

Rotors and Pads

Originally Posted by JCVolvoS80 (Post 20461)
Brake fluid looks good and full. Does the 300.00 include parts? I'm guessing I couldn't do it myself without a lift, or could I just use a jack?

E bay is worth a look new rotors and ceramic pads ex USA are advertised at $160 NZ with free shipping. Just use a jack and do one wheel at a time.