Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

S80 integrated on board phone not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S80 integrated on board phone not working

Just bought my first Volvo - and what a car! 2002 S80 T6. 2.9 petrol twin turbo.

Had everything checked and serviced and all is fine apart from the on-board phone. The sim card holder is under the keypad on the centre console and I have tried all networks. All i am getting when I switch on the phone power is a beep if I hit any other key! I don't believe this to be a network problem.

The sim card holder can only take the sim one way, contacts face up, and the holder seems okay. No details or instructions are displayed on the dash.

With or without a simcard inserted, the pressing of any of the dial buttons emits a beep when powered on.

The simcard holder seems to be okay, but there is a metal strip down just one side, is this usual?

Had a chance to remove the HU801 this weekend to check connections and everything is exactly as it should be, soooooooooo......dilemna.....where next?

Have now ruled out power supply, connections, sims, sim holder and networks.

I still have no display for the telephone coming onto the dash.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have again tried numerous simcards from various networks and always same, just the single beep whenever a key is pressed, No beep when send or end is pressed on the steering, but no display either!

UPDATE: I can now phone the car but cannot answer or end the call! I can hear phone ringing perfectly but try to answer on key pad just emits beep, still no display and no answer or ending using controls on sterring wheel.

Last edited by craftychap; 03-15-2011 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Update
Old 03-29-2011, 03:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update:

today I inserted a 5 year old VodafoneUK simcard in the car. The contacts are clearly different from modern ones but I had exactly the same response.

I can call the car phone and hear it ringing, but I am unable to end/recieve the call using the send/end buttons as they just beep. If i press the send/end buttons on the steering wheel, I can hear no beeping but the call does not end or recieve either.

Edit:
Did an electric reset, battery negative off for 30 mins, door open, key to position 2, battery back on but still same!

Last edited by craftychap; 03-29-2011 at 04:10 PM.