Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   S80 SRS Light needs shut off!!! (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/s80-srs-light-needs-shut-off-1049/)

DEH79 02-28-2005 05:14 PM

S80 SRS Light needs shut off!!!

Hey, a few weeks ago I was checking the fuses and thought that one of them was blown. It wasnt, but it caused the light for the srs to come on and my obd will not shut it down. It was the srs fuse that I pulled and I dont want to pay $30 to turn it off.
Please help, thanks
DEH79

tech 02-28-2005 07:26 PM

RE: S80 SRS Light needs shut off!!!

Unles you find some one with a scanner that does SRS codes you will get stuck paying the $30.00 or just dealing with the light.

ctrinc 04-22-2005 01:11 AM

Tech,
I have 95' 850. Just reset the service light as you have guided others. It really worked. Thank you. However, I just ended up with one other problem. I had to remove dash cover, to replace few burned light bulbs, inside of cluster. In the process, I unplugged SRS on passenger side. ANd now I re-assembled all, the SRS light comes on. It never did before. Do you have any idea how I can get it off?
Your help is highly appreciated.
Thanks.

tech 04-22-2005 02:43 PM

Pull the codes from the SRS following the instructions on this site.The port for the SRS is B5..
http://www.troublecodes.net/Volvo/

ctrinc 04-22-2005 03:41 PM

Hi tech;
What I have is 95' 850 non turbo. and there is OBD II under coin holder. However, I tried as plugging to B5 and
Code:

5 x 3 x 5
, and its not working. Does this mean, I need to take it to dealer? Or any part store with decoder can do it? I am somewhat dumb on these things.
Also, I just tried as plugging it to B2 and pressed for one second. And it showed as
Code:

Does this means I have a bad front Oxigen sensor?

ctrinc 04-22-2005 07:12 PM

Tech, Just one more thing.
my engine runs with a lot of inside engine presure. When engine is running, if I take the oil stick out, you can hear the presure air coming out of it with some smoke. I heared there is a breather filter thing somewhere that I need to change. Says, my engine is not breathing. If so, can you tell me where and how I can do that?

tech 04-22-2005 07:31 PM

In my book B2 shows as the cruise control spot to pull codes.I don't see the 435 code in my book.
The engine is A2

If that way didn't clear the code then you will need to find someone with and OBD scanner that reads SRS codes and clears them.

Yes there is a vent box located under the intake manifold on the front of the engine.You will need to remove the intake to get to it.Then you can just replace it.If your car is a non turbo car then also check the plastic flametrap insert that is located in the induction hose just before the throttle body.

ctrinc 04-22-2005 11:25 PM

Hi Tech;
Thanks for helping me on my problems. Well, I tried as you said, but no luck. So, I took it to local auto parts store(Advanced Auto Parts), and they scanned with their OBDII. Well, guess what?... shows as PO400 (EGR) & PO133(O2 sensor). I am just wondering, Could it be?
And about the other question, Do you think the car is somewhat slow, cause of that breather vent box thing or flame trap? Because its like I don't have much torque and really have to step on the gas to take off.

ctrinc 04-23-2005 03:22 PM

Hi Tech,
I cleaned up the flame trap thing and changed the oil. And the problem is fixed. No more compression inside of engine. Thank you.
Hard to believe that little thing can do so much damage.

tech 04-24-2005 03:28 PM

The Egr code may have come from the clogged vent box.
I would keep an eye on the o2 sensors they will make the car runs crappy as well.