Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   small problems (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/small-problems-9730/)

gordon368 01-26-2007 03:46 PM

small problems

just noticing that when I use the turbo after 60mph My sunroof will make a Clunk noise and it will crack open and you can hear the wind, if i use the sunroof button(adjust up then back) it sets itself so that you dont hear the noise.

Also is it hard to replace the rear shock absorbers?

In the front when back out of my driveway(downhill) I hear sort of an echoing noise, something that sounds real loose, right near the driver side tire area, lower portion, what's the probable problem?-engine mount or somethin im thinkin lol?

thanks in advance :D

go2sharks 01-26-2007 04:06 PM

RE: small problems

ORIGINAL: gordon368

just noticing that when I use the turbo after 60mph My sunroof will make a Clunk noise and it will crack open and you can hear the wind, if i use the sunroof button(adjust up then back) it sets itself so that you dont hear the noise.

This must be the HSCPDM (high speed cabin pressure discharge mechanism). To fix, you must not engage in turbo mode on freeway.... hmmm you didn't say on the freeway...

J/K..lol.

tech 01-26-2007 09:12 PM

The sunroof support strip might have falling off making the glass to weak.

Check the rear sway bar link for the click.

go2sharks 02-05-2007 06:22 PM

Darn it!

well, well, another thing must goes wrong with my s80. Since making a joke about your sunroof noise, this weekend, I noticed my sunroof was making noise on uneven roads.

I use my hand to push up the sunroof, it would come back down. Basically, it's lower than it suppose to be, making it jump up and down on rough roads, making the rattling noise.

Tech "The sunroof support strip might have falling off making the glass to weak. "
Tech: Is this similar to my problem? If so, how accessible is this?

tech 02-05-2007 08:42 PM

It could be the same thing. The screws could also be loose.
Tilt the glass up. Then carefully from the top slide the plastic lovered part from the glass.
Once you have itloose push it downthen you can see if the screws are loose.

gordon368 02-07-2007 03:05 AM

hahah "what goes around comes around" lmao....... ;)

I just had my rear view mirror Replaced thank goodness I have the extended warranty.. it completely snapped in half at the joint of where it connects to the roof, try and drive around with that Lmao...but if i didnt have the plan it would have cost me like 600$ ><, once again thank goodness for my warranty :D

go2sharks 02-07-2007 03:06 PM

gordon368: Did u get your sunroof issue resolved?

I'm going to follow Tech's advise as soon as I have time.

gordon368 02-08-2007 01:22 AM

I havent gotten around to it, its too COLD lmao...tis 25 degrees farenheit, but the real feel is like below zero :D lol.....so cold