Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   speakers.. (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/speakers-5833/)

gordon368 05-16-2006 06:25 PM

speakers..

The speakers underneath the rear windshield, How do you get those off?

I pulled the entire rear piece off, Saw seatbelt things, the speakers....Undid two bolts for each speaker, Tryed to pull the speaker out but couldnt...

Is there a trick in doing this?

tech 05-16-2006 08:56 PM

RE: speakers..

Sorry man haven't done one in ages.
Did you try pulling it from inside or the trunk?

gordon368 05-19-2006 12:46 AM

tried both, they seemed to be down really well.....

Tweeter caused my SRS Airbag light to come, they disconnected my battery so im guessing thats what happened.....

The other issue is this new battery only has a charge of about 11.5 volts(1 month old), according to the computer(at sears-hooked it up to the big computer) the charging system is fine and so is the altenator..... When I rev the car the voltage on the capcitor goes up also..

So, this leaves the voltage balancer possibly?....if so how much and how hard is this to do?

tech 05-19-2006 01:11 AM

Do you Mean Voltage regulator in the Alt.?

gordon368 05-19-2006 01:51 AM

Yes......because the altenator and charging system are fine.......battery is new and the voltage on it is around 11.5 volts....So does this mean it could be the Voltage Regulator?

tech 05-19-2006 08:20 PM

The voltage regulator would make it charge low.
Put a meter on it and make sure it is charging atleast 13.5 to 14 volts.

gordon368 05-20-2006 02:41 AM

its commin up 13 volts....

If its the voltage regulator, how easy is it to change, where is it located, what is involved....Roughly how much will it cost?

thanks
tech.

tech 05-20-2006 10:10 AM

The Voltage regulator is in the back of the Alt.
You will have to remove the Alt. to install it.
I think the regulator is like $60.00 to $80.00 or so.

reg 05-20-2006 06:23 PM

Hey Gordon...........in the auto body shop business it's called a back light or rear light.............not a windshield..
R.

tech 05-20-2006 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: reg

Hey Gordon...........in the auto body shop business it's called a back light or rear light.............not a windshield..
R.
I call it a Back Window

gordon368 05-21-2006 01:31 AM

oh lol we're getting technical i c ^^

JCVolvoS80 05-21-2006 04:12 AM

Watch it with the SRS/Airbag warning, gordon. It wasn't from the disconnected battery. What actually probably caused it was the voltage drop. S80's aren't really able to run on less than 12 volts. If your power from the battery dips below 12, the airbag light will be set off along with the Orange Triangle of Impending Doom, smack dab in the middle of your guage cluster. If you have a computer reader/eraser, then you can clear it with no worries. Otherwise, be ready to pony up the dough. Depending on your year, Advanced Auto Parts won't be able to read the code, let alone clear it.

When the body shop was spot welding my rear body panel, they had it improperly grounded and killed a fuel cell in my 100 dollar battery. This drop in voltage caused my airbag light to go off. I didn't push them to fix it, though, because my Volvo friend has a computer to clear the code. I'll get to it one of these days....

gordon368 05-21-2006 11:21 PM

Hmmmm....any suggestions on how to not let this happen?

SRS systems coverage is there until june 2006 under warranty...

reg 05-22-2006 11:00 PM

We'll over look that TECH.............I mean..........you're a FORD guy!! I was in your state capitol the other day. Talk about HOT!!!
Reg

ORIGINAL: tech

ORIGINAL: reg

R.
I call it a Back Window

JCVolvoS80 05-22-2006 11:27 PM

well my battery died because of the idiots spot welding and having a BS ground. You gotta get a capacitor if you dont want it to run low. And a second battery wouldnt be a bad investment if you wanted to invest any more money into higher wattages for an amplifier. The main thing is a capacitor. Until then you can have the codes cleared a hundred times, itll still happen.

gordon368 05-24-2006 01:44 AM

ya,

You were in boston Reg, hahahahha did you listen for me?....I wudda showed you up ! j/p..

Ya i have a capacitor - 3 farads - Its lately reading 13.5 volts, when Im slammin on the system(its falls between low 9's to 12.5 volts, when it does fall too low it cuts power to the system). Well when the system is really bumping, sometimes the seat belt wont release till the base stops, so im thinking the sensor went or something.....

As of now tweeter will "try and handle the problem"...

reg 05-24-2006 09:40 PM

Sounds like you have the sounds!! TECH resides in Florida. I travel between Florida and New Jersey on pretty much of a weekly basis although lately I spend a lot of time in N. J., Pennsylvania, and D.C..
R.

ORIGINAL: gordon368

ya,

You were in boston Reg, hahahahha did you listen for me?....I wudda showed you up ! j/p..

Ya i have a capacitor - 3 farads - Its lately reading 13.5 volts, when Im slammin on the system(its falls between low 9's to 12.5 volts, when it does fall too low it cuts power to the system). Well when the system is really bumping, sometimes the seat belt wont release till the base stops, so im thinking the sensor went or something.....

As of now tweeter will "try and handle the problem"...