Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   Stumpted again... (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/stumpted-again-61419/)

spacedogb 03-08-2012 11:59 PM

Stumpted again...

OKay guys I need help with a few more issues on my 99 T6. This week i took it to Volvo and had all the codes cleared so there are currently no codes in the computer. When i start the car in the morning I get a really rough idle till the car warms up. I also struggle with hesitation at different times and in different ranges in the powerband. 90% of the time the car feels like it is struggling to run and under heavy acceleration it tends to miss or have a dead spot. Also at certain times when I get around 60 mph, my car kinda struggles and feels like the transmission is slipping or downshifting. I can watch the rpms jump somewhat when this happens. This is more common when my cruise control decides that it will not work till i turn the car off then back on. The transmission fluid is fine and doesnt smell burnt. Also sometimes when i turn the car off i hear a clicking sound. Is this possibly MAF sensor related? This in advance for any replies. Im a senior in college and cant really afford another trip to the dealer.

Falasi4 03-09-2012 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by spacedogb (Post 309277)
Also at certain times when I get around 60 mph, my car kinda struggles and feels like the transmission is slipping or downshifting. I can watch the rpms jump somewhat when this happens. This is more common when my cruise control decides that it will not work till i turn the car off then back on.

How many miles does it have and is it the original throttle body?

Cleaning the MAF is always a good idea since a can of MAF spray is < 10 and is practically a lifetime supply but if it was acting up that bad it would most likely throw a code.

spacedogb 03-09-2012 04:47 PM

I have 146,000 and as far as i know it is the original throttle body. I am changing out the plugs tomorrow and if it doesnt help im sending it back to the dealer monday. Today the temp dropped from 78 to 54 in a few hours and the car ran like a champ with only 1 moment of hesitation. Also the hesitation today caused the CEL to come on.

hickman123 03-10-2012 08:30 AM

clean the mass air flow and throttle body when you do the plugs

spacedogb 03-10-2012 02:01 PM

Okay changed the plugs today. I took the old autolite plugs from the previous owner and replaced with Volvo plugs. Boots on 2 of the coil packs were torn I oreded new ones. I had oil covering the spark plug in cylinder 1 and 6. I cleaned the maf. the car ran fine driving through my apt complex. When i got on the road i couldnt not get above 20mph I pushed the pedal to the floor and still couldnt get above 20. I was finally able to get a little more power the car shifted and i was able to move a little faster then it just took off. I watched my rpms closely...its not the transmission slipping its more like the engine lacking power

spacedogb 04-01-2012 04:13 PM

For anyone who was following or may have the same issues, I had the dealer replace the MAF and all is well now. No more rough starts and the transmission no longer shifts funny.