Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   t6 help (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/t6-help-18542/)

silencecom 03-20-2008 11:27 PM

t6 help

before i purchased my 99 s80 t6 i test drove quite a few others and i remember the cars having quite a bit more pull than mine does.. sometimes it feels like it should and like the other cars but other times when i get on it she doesnt feel so powerful. is there anything i can check in the turbo system? does the turbo tend to wear out over a certain amount of miles? mine has 120000. all logs have been kept and all servicing has been done by a certified volvo dealership. its currently scheduled to go in for the 120000 mile servicing next week ($400 if theres nothing wrong with it) im a car guy and can build an engine or a tranny no probbut im not to keen on these volvos and dont realy want to mess with it too much besides looking at stuff. should i have then check the turbo system while its in the shop? will they check that anyway? the car shows no codes or messages and purrs like a kitten and the turbo does work and it works every time its just that sometimes it doesnt feel like its as powerfull as others.. for instance and i dont burn out all the time im a family guy and stuff but i do get on it sometimes and i noticed that from a stand still sometimes it will burn tire and sometimes it feels like a dog. i know the turbos are working cause there is lag and then it pulls hard but after it shifts to seccond its like all power goes away.. the other cars i drove had a smooth power curve all the way through this one drops off after the shift. is it possible only one side is working? its twin charged obviously but i dont know if that means theres two separate sides to the system. any help apreciated!!!! and where the heck can i get an auto dimming replacement mirror and a bass/teble and fader knob!!! OH i almost forgot.... its not because i have the STC on.. if i turn stc off and i stomp on it at a stand still it willNOT burn tire at all... after about 100 feet you can feel the turbos start kicking in and it starts pulling a little harder. could i have something in the system blocking air?

tech 03-21-2008 06:19 PM

RE: t6 help

The boost control valve might be going bad.

The mirror you can only get from Dealer because it is a control module and they need to download software to make it work.

The knobs try the Dealer as well.

silencecom 03-22-2008 01:16 PM

thanks man... how could i know for sure if thats the problem and is it expensive? it will be in the shop this week maybe they can take a look at it

tech 03-22-2008 04:41 PM

It is pretty expensive. Volvo thinks those valves are GOLD!!
See what the shop says.

Do you also get like a hesitation while driving at highway speeds while driving at a steady speed?

silencecom 03-22-2008 06:06 PM

nope no hesitation... the cars runs as smooth as can be.. just sometimes ya step on it and it feels like the 2.9 litre version.. (i test drove both) sometimes she gets up and goes and sometimes its a dog..

tech 03-22-2008 06:21 PM

Have the shop also check for codes there might be some but no check engine light.

Yours is a 1999 so you can't access the onboard to see what systems have codes.

silencecom 03-22-2008 08:06 PM

ok will do... its the 120000 wich includes the electrical system check so they probly will check that anyway.. but who knows.. im anxious to see what they find.. thanks fer the help..... oh what does "expensive" mean for a boost regulator.. 200? 1000? 5000?
round abouts?

tech 03-22-2008 08:25 PM

I would say about $100.00 to $200.00 for the valve.
All depends on the market.(I know they say all parts are the same at all dealers but I know better.)

silencecom 03-22-2008 10:30 PM

cool.. i can handle that i guess..