Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   Transmission Service Required 002F (Lock Up function Slipping or not engage) (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/transmission-service-required-002f-lock-up-function-slipping-not-engage-22003/)

dkvcopy 08-06-2008 09:28 AM

Transmission Service Required 002F (Lock Up function Slipping or not engage)

Hi guys,
Need help over here, recently i have the message pop out form my dash & managed to get the codes pull out from the dealer it read :- TRANSMISSION SERVICE REQUIRED 002F LOCK UP FUNCTION SLIPPING OR NOT ENGAGE. I change the gear box oil every 30,000km & uses the original volvo gear box oil. MY question is the dealer is asking me to buy the second hand gear box at USD2,000.00....they told me its better than fixing it. M asking anyone out there :-
1) Has anyone ever encountered this problem before & what's the cost of repairing it ?
Need your guys urgent reply & thanking you in advance.

tech 08-08-2008 06:31 PM

RE: Transmission Service Required 002F (Lock Up function Slipping or not engage)

Some times the new soleniod will fix it.

dkvcopy 08-18-2008 01:03 AM

RE: Transmission Service Required 002F (Lock Up function Slipping or not engage)

Thanks tech for your info...
The solenoid & valve body is still in very good condition...it was my clutch plate...that was causing it to slipped. I changed the whole clutch plate set which cost me about USD 1,900.00 including workmanship & filter & volvo ori transmission oil. The car runs damn smooth & better grip. He ! He !

tech 08-18-2008 07:50 AM

Glad you got it fixed.

nicolaselias 08-18-2008 02:23 PM

If in the case of you having to replace the tranny, I always found it better to check online for rebuilt ones with warranty, or even the junkyard network...

I know its not specific but we need a new transmission valve body for my dads Acura RL... The dealer in trinidad wanted us to buy a whole tranny rebuilt for roughly $3000 US..... on the other hand, a scrapyard online was giving me the same part for about $500 with warranty...

Just goes to show that looking around can save you quite a bit..

dkvcopy 08-25-2008 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: nicolaselias

If in the case of you having to replace the tranny, I always found it better to check online for rebuilt ones with warranty, or even the junkyard network...

I know its not specific but we need a new transmission valve body for my dads Acura RL... The dealer in trinidad wanted us to buy a whole tranny rebuilt for roughly $3000 US..... on the other hand, a scrapyard online was giving me the same part for about $500 with warranty...

Just goes to show that looking around can save you quite a bit..

Hi nicolaselias,
Thanks for your advice...the problem here in Malaysia is :-
1) For a rebulit S80 gearbox cost abt USD3,000 comes with 3 months warranty.
2) For a second hand / scrapyard S80 gearbox cost about USD2,000.00 comes with one month warranty.

So therefore i've got not choice but to overhaul my gearbox plus i know that m using the volvo original transmission gear oil. Here in malaysia...98% of volvo owners are using volvo original transmission gear oil as they are worried about the repair bills for the gearbox in near future.