Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   Wednesday Night Drags at LACR with Helga...had a lot of fun. (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/wednesday-night-drags-lacr-helga-had-lot-fun-9007/)

HelgaTheS80 12-07-2006 03:55 AM

Wednesday Night Drags at LACR with Helga...had a lot of fun.

Wow...long story short? What an AWESOME night/date I had tonight. I took my volvo out to the drag strip out on a date with this girl (yes she wanted to go to the drags out on a date hehe), she egged me on. I baby Helga, and I really didn't want to race her...but once she brought it up I couldn't pass. [8D]

I only ran about 8 runs, but my times were surprising as this was first time ever out on a drag strip for me. I've always watched but never actually raced in the lanes. I would have stayed longer but I still wanted to sit down and eat like normal people do on a date, so we left early before they started to get into the heads up drags.

My reaction times and et's got better as I got used to it.

I tried a lot of different combos, first with just the traction control off and shifting manually, then some runs with it off but then in auto...and then on....

I turned the traction control off and shifted the tranny manually in my best 2 runs of the night, it seems that keeping it on but me slapping through the gears helped on my reaction times. I also used my handbrake to get the engine winding up as the green light came down the tree. It seemed to help get the car going from a dead stop (heavy car after all)

Attached are my best 2 runs of the night. It's not lightning fast, and I had my date with me in the car...and my car is NOT the T6. Just the N/A model. But still, not bad mentioning this car is heavy and a luxury car.

The girl I went with tonight kept all my slips except for my best 2 that night. So here are they for you to see. Thanks!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-...1870/times.jpg

I still have shoe polish on my windows ;)

gordon368 12-08-2006 12:56 AM

RE: Wednesday Night Drags at LACR with Helga...had a lot of fun.

When u had the ebrake up, How many RPMS did you rev it too? I gotta try this lol......

Interesting I got the t6 model :)

HelgaTheS80 12-09-2006 02:22 AM

I had it going to about 3,000-4,500k on the tach. I tried to not over-rev the engine, as I was shifting it manually.

Ebolavoodoo 12-12-2006 02:50 PM

Am i seeing right? You were running high 17's? Isn't that pretty slow? I know that it's a heavy, luxury vehicle but so is an M5 or an S8. However, sounds like fun!

gordon368 12-13-2006 11:48 PM

factoring in the weight of the car, and also being a non-turbo car... In that aspect its fast

It'd be interesting to see how the T6 compares to it... Only about 70 more hp?

akirk6884 12-14-2006 12:55 AM

From what I understand a T6 tops out at around 155mph(tested on autobahn i think)

and it runs 0-60 in 5.9 to 6.3seconds depending on ur start and tires

I also heard the T6 runs low 14's in the quarter mile.

Anybody know of any evidence to back these claims up?

master_pre 12-14-2006 11:00 PM

14's would be a great time for that car. These vehicles are not really built for the quarter mile, but it doesn't mean that you can't have a good time at the track! :)

Good on Helga to put up some respectable times!

gordon368 12-15-2006 02:56 AM

5.9 -6.3 seconds 0-60? for a t6? hmmm I could of swarm its like 8 seconds, but is that with a 3-5k rev start on it?

akirk6884 12-16-2006 01:38 AM

I don't know for sure...I've just heard those stats....I have yet to test mine.