Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   Well gang yet another suspension issue on my S80. When does it end.......:( (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/well-gang-yet-another-suspension-issue-my-s80-when-does-end-44865/)

spankey 08-25-2010 07:19 PM

Well gang yet another suspension issue on my S80. When does it end.......:(

I have had so much work done to my 04 T6 I think I could have put that money down on another car....OUCH.

New front lower control arms
New Front Struts
New Front Strut mounts (1 replaced twice from creaking)
New Sway bar and linkage
3 alignments and the list goes on..........

The other day I was driving on a back road and came upon some road work. I had my son (15yrs old) and three of his buds in the back seat. What I thought was fresh paved stretch of road was actually a drop off about 3" and the kind where the man hole's are sticking up above the ground. Hope you all get that. Right before they pave to level out the man holes.

This was a hill I was driving down into and at the bottom of the hill and the start back up the hill is where this cut out was. Which, is why it was hard to tell if it was fresh pave or rough, due to the down curve of the hill.

Any rate, I was doing about 40mph and hit hard on the front. I was so dang mad and my son knew it. All his friends were like "awe dude that hurt".... I wanted to reach around and slap each of them. LOL.........Kiddin'

Now when I pull out from a dead stop I feel a thud in the left front wheel. Almost like something is moving when the car moves forward. It doesn't make any noise while driving just from first start.

Any ideas? I pray it's nothing expensive and possibly something I can fix on the weekend or such...

On top of that....Once I had the struts replaced the car creaks when turning from a dead stop. It sounds like its twisting. I had it to the shop and they replaced the one mount as they said it's under warranty. Could the creaking be the strut mounts again....This is getting old fast gang....This car is driving me into an early bankrupt grave.. But gosh dangit. I love it. It's comfortable, great gas mileage and is FAST!!!!!

tech 08-28-2010 08:30 PM

I would double check the control arm bushings and engine mounts.

koziolek 08-31-2010 10:12 PM

check the spring might be broken

jmallie 09-03-2010 10:34 AM

I had new front strut mounts/seats that creaked as you turned. Got worse with time. Turned out to be the bearings in the seats. They were the cheap China made ones sold by IPD (generally a great supplier). Replaced them with OEM Volvo and two years without creaking.

AnathemaS80 09-06-2010 01:59 PM

I know this is late, but I replaced the strut mount bushings in my S80 and got creaking. Turned out to be the spring rubbing the rubber bushing. I used some dense bearing grease to lubricate the spring seat and the squeak went away. No problems for the last two years.