Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   Wiring Diagram to S80 tranny shifter? plz some1? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/wiring-diagram-s80-tranny-shifter-plz-some1-16071/)

Lab_Rodent 12-18-2007 10:20 PM

Wiring Diagram to S80 tranny shifter? plz some1?

I thought someone with a working VADIS program could give me the wiring diagram for the S80's manumatic/geartronic shifter. I have some wireing diagrams, but none are to this exact model. :( Maybe someone could give me a screen shot. I am trying to figure out wire colors to the up & down shift buttons that are connected to the stick.

tech 12-19-2007 05:35 PM

RE: Wiring Diagram to S80 tranny shifter? plz some1?

Give me a day or so if you can wait that long and I will try to get it for you.

Lab_Rodent 12-19-2007 11:03 PM

Yeah', no problem. TY!

tech 12-20-2007 07:07 PM

Not sure if a diagram will help or not.
I have to replace parts on a shifter today. It is a very weird setup for the geartronic.
There is a sensor that mounts under the cover. The shifter itself has like a magnet on it that tells the computer which gear it is in.
Not sure if you could bypass to install the paddle shift or not.

Lab_Rodent 12-22-2007 03:58 PM

Sounds as if it uses magnetic buttons. I know that in order for the TCM to get the signal to shift up or down once in geartronic mode, a button has to be pressed. When you put the shifter down into the geartronic section you press it back and forth to shift. When you press it forward it triggers or presses a button, same as when you pull it. Magnetic triggers, or what ever, it doesnt really matter as long as the shifter box doest use a computer itself in order to operate. Which I saw no signs of one when I was looking. I doubt the shifter box is that fancy seeing there is no need for it to be, plus that is what the TCM is for.

tech 12-23-2007 12:09 AM

But on some of the years the shifter plate is a computer.
I will still see what I can come up with.

Lab_Rodent 12-23-2007 11:54 PM

even then, it could still be done if you took it all apart. I am just not willing to go that far for it.

tech 12-24-2007 02:22 PM

Pm me with your E-mail address I have a couple to send you. Still looking for the index.

Lab_Rodent 12-29-2007 04:30 AM

TY for the pics! But do you have the legend for them? All the lines are lettered, but I have no legend for it.

Plus, I see that is a big PDF file. If you have the top of the tree selected and press "save as", you should be able to save it seperate. If you could do that, you could upload the PDF for me. pretty please?

tech 12-29-2007 06:05 AM

Im not sure if I can save it any smaller I am cheating already. They made the program so you can't copy it. I figured out a way to copy but don't think I can make it any smaller.

I will try to find the legend that is also really big.

tech 12-30-2007 08:44 AM

What year is it to make sure I get the proper info?

Lab_Rodent 12-30-2007 04:58 PM

I have a 1999

tech 12-30-2007 06:46 PM

OK I was searching and trying to send you the entire file but it is way to large and I cant get it to compress enough.

Lab_Rodent 12-30-2007 08:56 PM

You will need to upload it to a website, then give me a link to it. This place will do it if it is under 25mb. http://www.yourfilehost.com/index.php
This place can be NWS (pics), but it works without neededing an account & can uplaod anytype of file.

If the file is larger, tell me how large it is and I can find another place.

tech 12-31-2007 05:00 PM

It is 66.43MB