Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S90 & V90 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s90-v90-40/)
-   -   2018 V90 Start Stop (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s90-v90-40/2018-v90-start-stop-99081/)

andrewsugg 02-07-2019 08:02 PM

2018 V90 Start Stop

Hi: I am new to this forum, and have recently purchased a new 2018 V90 Inscription. I'd appreciate any insight anyone may have on whether Volvo would or even could provide an update whereby the Start/Stop could be more permanently disabled. I was at the dealership today talking to a sales person about something else, and she indicated that the 2019 models (with what appears to be identical Sensus) have the ability to permanently disable the feature. When I say permanently, I mean that it doesn't reset each time the vehicle is turned off. As much as I like to save fuel, and minimize the release pollutants, I just can't get used to the way it cuts out. I feel like the second or two delay could be unsafe for me. If anyone has any thoughts about this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

GRock 04-03-2019 05:28 AM

I just purchased a 2019 V90 CC T6 Inscription and have found the Start/Stop feature to be very unobtrusive. I had a Mercedes prior that also had the feature on the diesel engine that also worked very well. In both cars the engine is running before my foot gets from the brake pedal to the accelerator. The Volvo system is really fast and you don't really hear the starter turn. My only real concern is long term starter reliability. I haven't heard of issues yet, but these systems are too new yet to have any meaningful data on starter life......

tinmanwpk 06-24-2019 09:21 AM

I visited the dealer this past weekend. He demonstrated the start/stop override on a 2018, so it is in there somewhere.

StatS 07-01-2019 05:25 PM

V90 Start/Stop

I just purchased a new 2018 S90 loaded T5 AWD Momentum. I too dislike the start/stop feature and was shown the location during my Tutorial. After setting-up my driver profile, the feature now has a mind of its own. It shuts off on 7/10 stops, even after saving settings, so it's going in the dealer tomorrow. My Svc Advisor suggests a possible reflash? In the Sensus program it's at bottom of your Driver/Indiv Profile screen. Uncheck the box for Start/stop feature. Go back to "Settings", Driver profile, select your profile/Edit and SAVE changes. Hope its helps? If it continues, may have to contact dealer?

crakmahoney1 10-06-2022 05:51 PM

Join the Crowd

Originally Posted by andrewsugg (Post 470303)
Hi: I am new to this forum, and have recently purchased a new 2018 V90 Inscription. I'd appreciate any insight anyone may have on whether Volvo would or even could provide an update whereby the Start/Stop could be more permanently disabled. I was at the dealership today talking to a sales person about something else, and she indicated that the 2019 models (with what appears to be identical Sensus) have the ability to permanently disable the feature. When I say permanently, I mean that it doesn't reset each time the vehicle is turned off. As much as I like to save fuel, and minimize the release pollutants, I just can't get used to the way it cuts out. I feel like the second or two delay could be unsafe for me. If anyone has any thoughts about this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I've been in 2 accidents attributable to this godforesaken start stop with that variable jerking forward after sitting idle for a while. When you're in a left green arrow turn signal there isn't a whole lot of distance to be afforded to avoid drifting/rear ending the car in front of you when this jerking happens. In these instances I've found that you need at least 2 car lengths to brake fast enough to avoid hitting the car in front of you, even if it's a tap whereas my car always takes the brunt of any contact. I could total my own car with my foot. This is an expensive new car. The recent tap resulted in the other driver calling the police and insurance company where he could have fixed his little ding himself or I could have fixed it for him. He refused a cash payment. I pay out of pocket whenever I can because my monthly insurance premiums get jacked up $40-$50 not $10-$20 for every bitty issue and that sure adds up. It's nerve-wracking having this feature and I'm sure these "tap" collisions will continue.

maggs 10-15-2022 07:09 PM

This is a very old thread, with the last reply, prior to yours, in 2019. Not sure what model/year you have, but my 2020 V90 Inscription start/stop works perfectly ine.