Volvo S90 & V90 Returning for 2017, This sleek full sized sedan mixes luxury with a sporty look.

Maps Won't Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maps Won't Update

Have a new 2018 S60 and want to update the Maps in the Sensus Navigation system. Built the required USB from the Volvo Sensus web site but when I insert the USB in the car nothing happens, no update, no error messages, NOTHING. The USB is in one the required format exfat and the USB port does work playing music. Got the new car survey from Volvo and complained about this problem and that lead me to a number of additional questions about the problem. Had tried all of the recommended steps but not the "Master Reset" what ever that is. Anyone know?

Old 01-19-2018, 07:12 AM
Default Wrong Forum and Problem Corrected

Posted this on the wrong forum which not surprisingly the problem I had with the update. Using the Volvo Support pages downloaded the wrong Sensus_Update to load the USB. Got Sensus_Update_RTI_North_America.exe rather then the correct one for a 2018 S60 Sensus_Update_MCA_North_America.exe. Loaded the USB with the correct map format and the update when as expected.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:14 PM
Default Maps upload solved

I have been struggling with the maps upgrade (as many other have), and now I think I have broken the code. There is no one at any Volvo place or online who could get close to answering this. Mine is an "early" 2017 V60. I have discovered that there are as many paths to the upload as there are years and models, and that they are all mutually incompatible! My secret was to go to the maps section of the help pages here: https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/support/downloads/maps. Be certain about your details and choose your car, mindful that you need to have the correct USB stick and the correct format for your car. Choose what map(s) you want. Also, if you, like me, are a Mac user, you cannot use "Catalina". I was able to bring up an old copy of Yosemite to go to that site. For my download/car, the format had to be FAT32 and not EXFAT on the stick. Very important! What you do is select Mac or Windows and download a program to your desktop. When you open that program, you will be asked where to put the extracted files. ie., what USB stick you want and then do the extraction directly to that stick. It is a very slow download! 2+ hours for me. When completed, I plugged the USB stick into my V60 port with the car running. It immediately said "no readable files"! Shortly thereafter, it gave the installing message! Very confusing, but I think now working.