Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo V50 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-v50-20/)
-   -   Can't believe how dead this forum is!!! (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-v50-20/cant-believe-how-dead-forum-3944/)

Superfly 12-30-2005 01:23 AM

Can't believe how dead this forum is!!!

Hey guys,

Whats going on here, no one wants to post anything?
I will start posting helpful suggestions and experience that I've had and will have with my V50
I hope some of you will contribute and this forum will be a place for everyone to share their ideas

First off, 215/50/17 snow tires DO fit on factory 17" rims (V50 T5 AWD). The increase in ride height is 0.25"
Hope this will help someone

Thanks,
~Andy

S60 R 12-31-2005 10:05 AM

RE: Can't believe how dead this forum is!!!

Well, lets liven this up...

Was there an issue that this size would not fit, or not fit for just snow tires? Is 215/50/17 the original size for the car?

Superfly 01-04-2006 01:53 AM

The original size is 205/50/17. I thought that the 215 tires would rub at extremes or better yet, not mount properly.
The car is performing very well with those tires. They are Toyo Garret (sp) and are H rated (210km/h - the speed at which the limiter kicks in - :) nice). In the snow they perform very well, with AWD it feels like you are driving a tank. No problems with channelling snow away either, switching lanes on snow covered highways was anightmare with allseasons, now I have no fear. Traction is OK in dry weather, but I can't expect more from snow tires. Michellin Alpin Pilot was probably a better cornering tire, but then I paid $1,500CDN for a set on my Maxima. Anyways, good tires to have on the V50.

Looking at www.evolvecars.com I see that they are selling packages with 225 width tires, so I guess with proper offset of the rim, those should fit too.

ALSO!!!
The turbo upgrade is close to being finilized (from evolve) and they are expecting 300-325hp out of that. Can't wait to get it.
AND!!! the R engine is a completely different motor from the V50 T5 motor - something I found out today.

Laters,
~Andy

NipZ 03-30-2006 06:43 AM

have any of u had a problem with rubbing?? i just got my t5 awd and at full lock, it makes this loud rubbing sound.. it's absolutely horrible and sounds like it hurts.. and to think i actually wanted to get nineteens.. i was even talking to the dealership about the evolve and the guy there was saying that even the evolve s40 rubs like mad at full lock..

Stephan Wilkinson 12-18-2006 04:05 PM

Why on earth would you want to go to _wider_ snow tires? You want narrower.

Stephan

daddyizzle 09-09-2007 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Stephan Wilkinson

Why on earth would you want to go to _wider_ snow tires? You want narrower.

Stephan
!!! I drove in heavy snow for 20 years in Colorado. Narrow is better.

-Adam