Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo V70 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-v70-13/)
-   -   Volvo Wheel Bolt Patterns?!?!?!? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-v70-13/volvo-wheel-bolt-patterns-18282/)

OlDrifter 03-11-2008 08:29 PM

Volvo Wheel Bolt Patterns?!?!?!?

Another Volvo noob question. I recently bought an '07 V70 FWD.

I'm thinking about Blizzaks for winter next year... maybe even all-around. And THAT thought leads me to think about wheels.

This particular car has the Eurus wheel in 16" x 7" which is fine.

NOW for my question: Do ALL Volvos have the same bolt pattern? I'm thinking about looking around for a pair, or perhaps a set of four wheels to mount winter tires. They don't need to be Eurus- which are expensive in my sight.

But I might stumble onto another set of 15" or 16" X 6" or 7" wheels that would work. So are there certain years that will fit? Won't fit? What else do I need to know?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

S70driver 03-11-2008 08:33 PM

RE: Volvo Wheel Bolt Patterns?!?!?!?

Your bolt pattern should be 5x108mm.

Not all Volvo bolt patterns are the same. Although a lot of them do use the 5x108mm pattern. Some do not.

OlDrifter 03-11-2008 09:38 PM

RE: Volvo Wheel Bolt Patterns?!?!?!?

Thank you S70... for the quick response!!

Steve

PE**2 03-13-2008 05:34 PM

Snow Tires

If you run snow tires you need four. Two snow tires will impair the handling. This is not the 1960's. Goodyear UltraGrips, Blizzacks, Gislavaads are all good. Trytirerack.com. Also try American Racing for rims.... Their series 95 is a close match for Volvo's Canisto wheel at a 1/4 of the cost... hey they're for winter driving. Currently I have two sets of UltraGrips on AR-95s and one set of UltraGrips on Volvo steel wheels w/hubcaps... The AR-95s were less expensive thanVolvo steel wheels and hub caps. When I was in Germany last year it seemed like the majority of drivers ran steel wheels without hubcaps...if you like the Euro look??? BTW I live in Minnesota.

2002v70 03-14-2008 07:14 PM

RE: Snow Tires

If you want to look like you belong in a Volvo, the proper setup is four factory steel wheels of the 15" variety and factory hubcaps. Trim them out with some Nokians or Gislovads (?) and every Birkenstock wearing Volvo owner will give you 2 thumbs up.
Seriously though, the best traction for snow is a tall and narrow tire. For you car the best is a 195-65-15. I have Blizzacks on my '02 V70 and absolutely HATE them. I got stuck last week. My neighbor made it outin his brand new Passat with low profile 16" factory rims and tires. Blizzacks suck. I have had good luck with Michelins and Gislovads. I am sure there are more good snow tires out there but it does not include Bridgestone. Just my $.02.

PE**2 03-16-2008 10:06 PM

RE: Snow Tires

The cops and state troopers up here all run UltraGrips... I know a few BMW owners that run Blizzacks... no one complains about snow performance... Ice well that is different... UltraGrips for my money... The Gislavaads I had were okay on ice andgreat in snow. My Excursion with a full load of fuel (46 gallons) and hubs locked works great in the deep stuff. The Volvos do perform better on ice. Being half the weight helps. I would agree that 15" wheels and tires perform better than the 16" for winter driving. Again my choice for AR-95 16" wheels was a cost and style issue. My 850 has the steel wheels and hub caps and is better in the deep stuff. On ice wheel size is of little value one way or the other.