Volvo XC40 Volvo XC40 compact crossover forum discussion, how-to guides, and technical help.

hate it or love it

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question hate it or love it

Hello fellow car enthusiasts!

The XC40 has been catching my eye and I could not help it and wanted to ask a few questions to folks who drive one daily. I am _very_ particular about what I drive and have definitely been disappointed with what I have picked up before (more on this a bit later), so I want to make sure I do my research thoroughly before beginning negotiations.

I've had a few VWs (currently driving a Golf R) and love European cars. I had picked up an Acura TLX V6 and boy was that a disappointment.
  • the car was vibrating after 65mph and even after the GM admitted he felt the vibration there was nothing they were able to do to fix it
  • the digital climate control was such a terrible design. in order to change the temperature / fan speed, I had to use the touch screen and look off the road for 3+ seconds. manual ***** for these are just so much better.

So I swapped the car out back to german engineering and picked up my Golf R, which I have been absolutely loving for the past 3 years.

So to summarize:
  • how do you feel about moving a lot of the functionality from physical ***** to digital touch screen? does it bother you or was it just the interface of TLX that was terrible?
  • is the car driving smooth and quiet?
  • is there anything that bothers you about the car? I'd like to know it all to see if it is relevant to me or not (as would others reading this post)

Thank you for taking the time to read this!