Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2015 XC60 Audio disappears

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2022 | 09:33 AM
|
Default 2015 XC60 Audio disappears

Howdy, everyone. I just gave my husband my 2004 V70 2.5T Titanium Edition (130K) and purchased a 2015 XC70 T5 DRIVE-E Platinum. From the time I first took it home, I have had problems with the Audio of the Infotainment system randomly cutting on and off. I took it back to the dealer where I purchased it (not a Certified purchase), a Volvo dealer, and they agreed to update all the software. However, while I haven't had the time to check out all the features, the ones that I am most concerned about for safety, such as telephone, radio, BLIS, and Surround View camera alerts, they all turn off together, randomly. At first, I noticed that it would be connected to when the Ecosystem would turn off the car at idle, so I disabled that and it happened less frequently. But sometimes it happens at startup and other times in the middle of a phone call, or other times just when I am driving. The console will show that I am on the call, or still listening to the same CD or radio station. But there is no sound at all. The BLIS will still light up, but no audio alert. Most of my driving is on highways and toll roads, and this is quite upsetting. I have seen some discussion on this site about turning off the car to reset it, and starting it back up again, and since it happens at start up in the morning, I'm not sure that is the answer on my vehicle. It also isn't an option when I am on the highway/toll road. My Volvo mechanic says I would have to leave the car with him for days for him to try to recreate the conditions, since I'm unable to drive to him when it is happening, or describe exactly what the conditions are for it to happen. Does anyone have an idea of how to deal with this?