Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2022 XC60 inscription Mild Hybrid - MISSING FEATURES!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 08:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2022 XC60 inscription Mild Hybrid - MISSING FEATURES!

Hello all, I am new to the forum. Forgive me, as I see a few topics related to this post, but they are scattered about and hard to follow.

I leased a 2021 XC60 Inscription in March, and last month it was totaled due to a flood at my home (entire basement as well). It was my first Volvo and I was absolutely in LOVE with the car.

Obviously, I needed a new car ASAP and heard about car and microchip shortages. My dealer offered me the 2022 model with an extra package I didn’t have before, in the same exterior (denim blue) and black interior, exactly what I wanted. I was thrilled and ok with paying a little more for the extra package, and intrigued to test out the mild hybrid.

Took only a about a month for my insurance to settle the claim and the new car to arrive on the lot. I felt lucky. The day I picked up the car, while the dealer was trying to show me the new infotainment layout, I asked where’s the satellite radio? He slipped in, “oh, its an update that’s coming “soon.” I asked when. He said maybe by the end of the year. I also found out part of this update includes the remote start. Being overwhelmed and tired, I accepted it, and eventually drove off the lot.

Now that I’ve had it almost a week, no problems, it’s beautiful and super quite & fun to drive. But I am VERY annoyed that I wasn’t informed about this “incomplete” car I’m paying MORE money for. Had I known, I would have asked more questions & done more extensive search for a 2021. I have had satellite radio in every car for at least the last 10 years and am quite annoyed. I supposed I could use the bluetooth from the app, but the point is to NOT have to look at your phone while driving. I also live in the Northeast, and the remote start is important to me on snowy, frozen mornings.

What I want to know: does anyone have ANY straight answer about when (if ever) I will get these features back? And is it an “update” that will eventually come or am I waiting for this elusive microchip?? I called the dealer back a couple of days later & he couldn’t tell me anything. Are there any other features that Im missing that I dont even realize??

Thanks for your time

The following users liked this post:
stuartbell23@aol.com (12-02-2021)
Old 10-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/supp...s/xc60/2021w22

Introducing Sirius XM satellite radio. Available as an in-vehicle application.
There's a small discussion on another volvo forum about the update, not sure if I can link to it or not. Some owners there are saying they haven't received the update in their cars yet.

I don't know about the remote start function, sorry.

You aren't waiting for microchips. Those have already been installed in the car, along with the satellite radio hardware. The hardware is all there. The problem is the software. The software people from Google and Volvo have to create the Sirius app for use inside the car. Same for the remote start app from your phone. It connects to the car with software.

Volvo probably expected these updates to be finished by now, but they got delayed. It's a whole new car operating system, everything has to be created from scratch.

The following 2 users liked this post by FKM312:
Ros (11-19-2021), Tana71 (10-16-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 01:19 PM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The update to 1.7 does include SiriusXM. If the Software Update page does not say Version: 1.7, then you don't have the update yet. I don't think it is available OTA yet, but my dealer installed it for me today.

The following users liked this post:
Tana71 (10-16-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 04:22 AM

That is great - thank you so much for letting me know - I have been looking at the update page on their website and wondering if I should be seeing it or not and including the photo of what to expect is very helpful! I'm in Australia so I wouldn't get the SiriusXM app, was there anything else new that you noticed?

Old 10-15-2021, 07:31 AM

I did notice slight changes in the indicators when looking at obstructions on the camera and it appears that the map on the instrument panel fills more space. There is supposed to be a new range app, but I don't see it.

Old 10-15-2021, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by bamapookie
I did notice slight changes in the indicators when looking at obstructions on the camera and it appears that the map on the instrument panel fills more space. There is supposed to be a new range app, but I don't see it.
Out of interest how long did it take for them to install the update?

Old 10-15-2021, 05:21 PM

I was at the dealership for about 2 hours, but they were doing other things too.

Old 10-25-2021, 10:08 AM

Hi All! I picked up my 2022 XC60 AWD B6 Inscription this past Saturday, 10/23 and I'm in LOVE. No Apple CarPlay yet, but Sirius was there. Everything works like a dream. Having trouble actually adding my Volvo account to the car (my google account signed in just fine). I was told that the HUGE update with Apple CarPlay/Android will be be released in the 1st quarter of 2022... Fingers crossed!

Old 10-25-2021, 11:02 AM
Default Remote Start?

Does it have remote start functionality?

Old 10-25-2021, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mich221
Not yet. Only 3 tabs in the Volvo app. And 2 options: lock/unlock and fan/AC/heat start/stop… I’m assuming the next update will have that?

Old 10-29-2021, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mich221
Yes you can start car now after this update. Just need to reset car to manufacture and start working now.

Old 10-29-2021, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Oldbzykol
Yes you can start car now after this update. Just need to reset car to manufacture and start working now.
I did that and there still isn't a remote start option in the app :-(

Old 10-29-2021, 03:50 PM

I removed also phone what was connected to volvo app and setup again. before that was just message on red that have some technical issue

Old 10-29-2021, 04:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonrstandridge
I did that and there still isn't a remote start option in the app :-(
If you have the B5 or B6, the remote start isn’t supposed to be in the 5.6 update. Other vehicles got it but the B5/B6 support is coming soon according to a Volvo developer.

Old 10-29-2021, 04:09 PM

I got b5 and just first time start remote today.after I did update to software 1.7 yesterday

Old 10-29-2021, 04:12 PM

Exactly what app are you using? I just talked to Volvo/On Call and they said: "The Volvo Cars app at the moment is still in a beta version, meaning it is not to its fullest potential. Volvo will be releasing the full version of the app by the end of this year and with that update you should be able to remote start, see charge status, see vehicle's location, and much more"

So i'm not sure...

Old 10-29-2021, 04:14 PM

Exactly what app are you using? I just talked to Volvo/On Call and they said: "The Volvo Cars app at the moment is still in a beta version, meaning it is not to its fullest potential. Volvo will be releasing the full version of the app by the end of this year and with that update you should be able to remote start, see charge status, see vehicle's location, and much more"

So i'm not sure...
volvo car app for this app was update for iPhone 3 days ago

Old 10-29-2021, 04:15 PM

Gotcha. I updated and still don't see the option.

Old 10-29-2021, 04:18 PM

Gotcha. I updated and still don't see the option.
still shows that climate start on app.but engine was on when I get to the car
you can setup from 1 to 15 min I will run to the car to check again. maybe that was climate . brb

Last edited by Oldbzykol; 10-29-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-29-2021, 04:28 PM

It worked! I didn't realize it was through the climate option. Thank you!

The following 2 users liked this post by jasonrstandridge:
anna-ru (11-02-2021), Oldbzykol (10-29-2021)

Quick Reply: 2022 XC60 inscription Mild Hybrid - MISSING FEATURES!