Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2022 XC60 no wi-fi hotspot?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2022 XC60 no wi-fi hotspot?

On my last XC60 (a 2019 XC60) the vehicle had a wi-fi hotspot, which meant I could purchase a data plan from AT&T and work on my laptop during long road trips.

When I purchased my 2022 XC60, I assumed it would also have a wi-fi hotspot, because why in the world would you downgrade features on a vehicle (and charge more for it). After a frustrating few phone calls with AT&T telling me that a data plan was not an option for my vehicle (based on VIN number), I contacted my dealer. Lo and behold, he told me that there is no longer a wi-fi hotspot. (or a COMPASS, but don't get me started on that). Had I known this in advance (my fault for assuming and not confirming), I would not have purchased this car. I had to scramble and buy a little "hotspot puck" for our trip that was the next day.

Since dealers have been known to dispense incorrect information, I just want to confirm that others have found it to be the case that there is no way to get internet connectivity from the Volvo to use on another device such as a laptop? (I can't use my phone as a hotspot).

I ABSOLUTELY REGRET purchasing the 2022 XC60. It has been nothing but problems.

Old 06-06-2022, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hotspot was removed for 2022.

Old 06-06-2022, 04:16 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by kelly2009cats
On my last XC60 (a 2019 XC60) the vehicle had a wi-fi hotspot, which meant I could purchase a data plan from AT&T and work on my laptop during long road trips.

When I purchased my 2022 XC60, I assumed it would also have a wi-fi hotspot, because why in the world would you downgrade features on a vehicle (and charge more for it). After a frustrating few phone calls with AT&T telling me that a data plan was not an option for my vehicle (based on VIN number), I contacted my dealer. Lo and behold, he told me that there is no longer a wi-fi hotspot. (or a COMPASS, but don't get me started on that). Had I known this in advance (my fault for assuming and not confirming), I would not have purchased this car. I had to scramble and buy a little "hotspot puck" for our trip that was the next day.

Since dealers have been known to dispense incorrect information, I just want to confirm that others have found it to be the case that there is no way to get internet connectivity from the Volvo to use on another device such as a laptop? (I can't use my phone as a hotspot).

I ABSOLUTELY REGRET purchasing the 2022 XC60. It has been nothing but problems.

Mine is a '21 with all of the above, but curious as to the reasons they would delete those features. Would it be lack of chips or maybe the features somehow interfered somehow with the new Google features? Personally, I love the improved Sensus system my car has, not glitchy at all and plenty of features. Did they also remove the 'sim' card in the passenger footwell? It was used to connect with and download from Volvo. And if my phone can connect with a tower, then so can my passengers. No HOT SPOT needed. Also I have a 'ThinkWare' dash cam (hotwired by Volvo Dealer) that acts as an additional hotspot.

Old 06-08-2022, 08:12 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Earlier you had to pay for the connectivity and hence Volvo allowed you to use Hotspot as you can end up using lot of data with Hotspot. 2022 XC60's data is paid by Volvo for 4 years and there is no way they can allow free reign by allowing hotspot. There will be users abusing it by consuming hundreds of GBs.

​​​​​​But why is this even a big deal that you would not but a car ROFL?! Why can't you connect to your mobile's hotspot?!

The following users liked this post:
BullTiger (08-15-2022)