Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Bluetooth / radio craziness

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 05:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bluetooth / radio craziness

How or what the heck do you do for the following.
Often, not always, when I start my XC60, I get no radio. It will show what is playing, but no sound. The only way to get it to work is shut the vehicle off, open/close the door, restart vehicle. Sometimes 3-4 times to get radio to actually send sound through the speakers.

Additionally, for example yesterday, when I called the dealership, they asked I get in the car and do this or that, the car naturally flipped the Bluetooth, they could hear me, I could not hear them. This too is a common issue. Had to choose phone to on my phone to continue.

Anyone have this happen? Is there a different work around? It's going to be going to the dealership for this and a few other issues. My concern is most are intermittent and that equals difficult to find/fix

Old 09-03-2016, 03:13 PM

What phone are you using and have you updated the software on the phone? Sometimes the software update caused problem with an existing link/pairing.

Sounds like your phone/Bluetooth is connecting as though a phone call has come in. Bluetooth is then muting the radio, as it's suppose to do when a call comes in.

Try deleting your car from the phone, and the phone from the car, and create a new link. This has worked for me.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Default Thank you not sure I was clear

The radio not playing sound, this happens 50% of the time upon start. Even after not using Bluetooth for a call in many days or weeks. Requires shut off of vehicle, open door, close door restart. The most times I have had to repeat this action at one time has been 4 repeatedly before it works.Have removed phone, added phone, have shut phone off, pushed exit etc.

The phone part on the other hand only occasionally, no sounds comes into vehicle, but person on other end can hear me. This requires my going into phone and choosing iPhone to speak vs. using vehicle Bluetooth.

These issues and the trip computer not resetting on dash until suddenly when trying to get it to reset, both trip computer and odometer no longer display at all.

It's going in to see if they can fix it. I will say, this is the most buggy vehicle I have own since I bought a 1st yr Pontiac Feiro when I was 20