Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Frustrated with XC60

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated with XC60

ive spent a lot of time on the phone with Volvo trying to get them to help me with the computer issues. I don’t think there is anything wrong necessarily, but it’s real quirky. There could be something wrong though. But now Volvo tells me they can’t help me and I need to take it in for warranty service. But the nearest dealership is 450 miles away. There was a dealership in my city when I ordered it, but is now gone. I am frustrated beyond belief with Volvo.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:52 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

No dealership can diagnose the car over the phone. Call Volvo USA and see what suggestion they have versus hauling the car to another dealer.

They may agree to cover a diagnosis/repair if you are that far from a dealer.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:27 AM
Default Thank you

Volvo USA is who I’ve been on the phone with. They are the ones wanting me to take it in to the dealership 450 Miles away. They will cover the repairs because it is under warranty. Like I said, I’m not sure something is wrong. It could just be settings—-they took me as far as they could over the phone, but it wasn’t much. Or it could be a defect they need to fix. But who knows how long I could be without the car if it goes in for repair. I don’t want to put any mileage on the car, and they said they would tow it this time, but again, who knows how long I will be without a car and why take it over there if I can just change a setting.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
Received 485 Likes on 466 Posts

what is going on that you would describe at "quirky"? Your first question asks if you have a problem with the car or if there's some changes you can make locally - but you didn't say what you are experiencing. Next question then is, if it is a problem who can fix it? You'd need to either go to a dealer to get warranty coverage and correct tools/support or find a factory trained indy who is more local but pay them for their work. Given the loss of your local dealer, you may need to consider trading for a car that can be properly serviced locally. Think about it - what happens when you get another warranty item or a recall notice or software update notice?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:39 PM

MT6127. Exactly. What do I do? I ordered the Volvo when there was a dealership here. The car is brand new car. The least Volvo could do is let a locally traine mechanic who has worked on them, service the warranty issues. If I trade it in now, I will take a huge hit in the value. I paid almost $70000 for it—Volvo should be better at their customer service.

the main problem I’m having is after I signed up for the AT&T data plan (which I wasn’t even told about until I called them) still won’t let me download updates. They know it’s activated because they checked. They should be able to tell me what’s wrong by troubleshooting over the phone. It probably is a setting someplace. also don’t think I should have to subscribe to a data plan to get their updates! I don’t want to hook my phone up to it and use the house wireless network because 1) if I’m on the road can’t exactly do that, and 2) with the issues I’m having, it most likely would be futile.