Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo XC60 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc60-51/)
-   -   Gas mileage notifications (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc60-51/gas-mileage-notifications-96738/)

Kajeroberts 06-13-2018 10:27 PM

Gas mileage notifications

We have a 2018 SC60. Ever since we got it, the gas mileage indicator behind the steering wheel on the instrument panel had indicated the same mpg— 21 mpg. Occasionally, a gas mpg message will come up on the home screen in place of if the “updates available” block (although that in of itself is odd, since Volvo told me those options on the home screen can’t be changed). However when the gas mpg appears on the home screen, it says a completely different mpg number—usually it’s 6 or so, so I know that’s not right.

There is no way it has steadily gotten 21 mpg since we got the vehicle. We have taken road trips, and drive in town, so it should always be different.

There is no Volvo repair place where I reside that is authorized to perform warranty work, which is what Volvo told me to do. I’d have to take it over 400 Miles away.

Does anyone know why the gas mileage never changes, and why, when it appears on the home screen, the mpg is completely different than what is indicated behind he steering wheel on the instrument panel?

mt6127 06-14-2018 03:36 PM

I'd start by reading the owners manual to see if there's a way to reset the data logging - ie to zero out the averaging to see if something changes. After that, I'd call a dealer to see if they can offer some remote support.

Kajeroberts 06-14-2018 07:48 PM

Thank you. I will look. The manual isn’t very user friendly. Every time I try to find something, it’s never under what I think it should be haha.

ETHYL 06-16-2018 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kajeroberts (Post 460920)
We have a 2018 SC60. Ever since we got it, the gas mileage indicator behind the steering wheel on the instrument panel had indicated the same mpg— 21 mpg. Occasionally, a gas mpg message will come up on the home screen in place of if the “updates available” block (although that in of itself is odd, since Volvo told me those options on the home screen can’t be changed). However when the gas mpg appears on the home screen, it says a completely different mpg number—usually it’s 6 or so, so I know that’s not right.

There is no way it has steadily gotten 21 mpg since we got the vehicle. We have taken road trips, and drive in town, so it should always be different.

There is no Volvo repair place where I reside that is authorized to perform warranty work, which is what Volvo told me to do. I’d have to take it over 400 Miles away.

Does anyone know why the gas mileage never changes, and why, when it appears on the home screen, the mpg is completely different than what is indicated behind he steering wheel on the instrument panel?

I also have a 2018 sc60. Reset the trip milage and MPG by
pressing in the reset button located at the end of the directional stock lever for a few seconds. Both will return
to 0. It will not show instant mpg as you see on other cars. Only average mileage as you are driving. Also, Volvo has a new download (free).

Where on the home screen does it appear. i have only seen mine on the instrumentation screen