Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Harman Kardon

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 02:52 AM
gjd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harman Kardon

Hi,

I am new in this forum and kind of disappointed with my HK premium sound in my new XC60 MY2017. As an owner of S60 MY2011 with superb quality sound of High Performance Sound 4x45W I have decided to even step up and order Premium Sound Harman Kardon 5x130W. What a shame! HK is not even as laud as my S60, but (and more important for me) it lacks highs! When I asked HK for answers, they replied that Volvo dealer is only to whom I should complain. Local Volvo dealer after replacing wrong front speakers (which didn't help) just stated, that everything is OK and they offered to compare my car audio with another XC60 audio. As I expected, sound of comparable XC60 was the same, without enough power, without highs and sound like I left Q-tips in my ears. Bass and Treble adjustments are just slight help and equalizer seems to change sound quality just little bit. What should I do? I have heard, that Volvo to prevent humming and interior vibrations decreased amplifier output and cut lows and highs. However they refuse to admit it and still advertise power of 650W (5x130W) and excellent quality sound.
Does anybody have the same experience, please? What should I do? I am kind of stuck with this very expensive audio and regretting purchase of this HK option.