Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Noises under 2022 XC60 Recharge extended version after using the engine ​​​​​

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2022, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noises under 2022 XC60 Recharge extended version after using the engine ​​​​​

Hey guys,

I ordered a 2022 XC60 T6 recharge extended version and it arrived in February.

I use it mostly on baterries but when I drive on engine, when I park it, I keep hearing these noises in the video.

Any idea what could it be?

Just schedule to take it to the dealership so they can check.

Thanks a lot

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1619.MOV (10.37 MB, 487 views)
Old 05-16-2022, 11:09 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by leonardoeloi
Hey guys,

I ordered a 2022 XC60 T6 recharge extended version and it arrived in February.

I use it mostly on baterries but when I drive on engine, when I park it, I keep hearing these noises in the video.

Any idea what could it be?

Just schedule to take it to the dealership so they can check.

Thanks a lot
Almost sounds to me like it's just the exhaust cooling off. But I have a T8 also and the PHEV models do make a lot of strange sounds (mostly electrical contact clicking) after turning off and when plugging in the charge cord. Another sound you'll hear when plugging it in after you've been driving it is an A/C fan cooling the batteries.

Old 06-15-2022, 06:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emissions system/Engine yellow light

Hi Cruiter,

Thanks for sharing that. The noises continue to happen every time I drive on combustion. Does your T8 make this noise too?

After your response, I took it to the dealership to take a look and they said the noise is probably caused by the exhaust material dilatation and the car is very new and with time the noise would disappear.

This weekend the emission system light lit up while I was on a trip driving using the combustion engine and stopped the vehicle and I immediately called Volvo On Call. They said I could continue driving to finish my trip and then I should call Volvo to take it to a diagnosis. Just took the car and I am waiting for their call to let me know what is going on.

Do you think the alert could be related somehow to the noises under the car?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Old 06-15-2022, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I agree. After being out on the battery and I plug it in my garage. I always hear weird noises. I figure it must be electrical computer doing its thing while charging. Yes and just yesterday it was making a noise that sounded like it was running but after further investigation it was the fan cooling off the ac and batteries. The noise you are hearing could be of the electrical system or the exhaust system cooling.
That light comes on once in a while along with the propulsion notice, the dealer told us that it's a computer glitch and not to worry about it. They both went off. The emission light comes on even when are on battery.

Last edited by Mrcadillac; 06-15-2022 at 06:07 PM.