Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo XC60 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc60-51/)
-   -   Power Window Switch Auto Feature Stopped Working (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc60-51/power-window-switch-auto-feature-stopped-working-87595/)

terryd4 03-03-2016 06:49 AM

Power Window Switch Auto Feature Stopped Working

My 2012 XC60 on the drivers door power window switch three of the four power window switches "auto" feature stopped working, you can raise and lower the windows just the "auto" feature doesn't work, the only switch that works is the passenger side front door the "auto" feature works fine for that door. This started after the battery drained when I was using the ignition II, I jumped the vehicle not sure if this had anything to do with it may be coincidential.Is this a dealer service repair or is there any special trick that I can do to fix? Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

terryd4 03-06-2016 10:04 AM

Just a follow-up, the power window switch auto feature started working again, not sure what I did, but it started working again.

banjo player 09-05-2016 07:24 AM

My auto up & down isn't working on any window. The car sat for a month and the battery went dead. I charged the battery and all seems good but the auto up & down function. Anyone have any ideas?

Shelby Price 10-17-2016 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by terryd4 (Post 427995)
Just a follow-up, the power window switch auto feature started working again, not sure what I did, but it started working again.

Exact same thing happened to my wife's xc60. We aren't sure what fixed it. It just randomly started working again.

JBxc60 03-03-2017 07:16 AM

Hold the button down and let the window down all the way. Then hold it to go all the way back up. That should solve the problem. Mine did the same thing and that was what the mechanic suggested and it worked.

09MY10VolvoXC60 09-29-2019 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by JBxc60 (Post 444230)
Hold the button down and let the window down all the way. Then hold it to go all the way back up. That should solve the problem. Mine did the same thing and that was what the mechanic suggested and it worked.

I just figured it out. This is correct but additionally you have to hold in in the down and up position for at least 1 second after it reaches the end and then release the button. It will then reinstate the automatic function. You need to do it for each window.

This happened to me after a flat battery.

The internal light that automatically comes on when I remove the key fob stopped working as well. It is now working again and I'm not sure what I did to make that happen. If anyone knows maybe they can add it to this thread as they both might happen regularly together after a flat battery.

marc3258 10-11-2021 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by 09MY10VolvoXC60 (Post 478140)
I just figured it out. This is correct but additionally you have to hold in in the down and up position for at least 1 second after it reaches the end and then release the button. It will then reinstate the automatic function. You need to do it for each window.

This happened to me after a flat battery.

The internal light that automatically comes on when I remove the key fob stopped working as well. It is now working again and I'm not sure what I did to make that happen. If anyone knows maybe they can add it to this thread as they both might happen regularly together after a flat battery.

It actually works. Thank you guys. I just changed my battery today & experienced the same issue: the window cannot up-down automatically. I just follow your instruction which down and up position for at least 1 second after it reached the end and then release the button. You can hear extra sound. Then it means the set up complete. You gotta do this for each window. Hope this post helps every Volvo driver after they changed their batteries.

Gillito 10-31-2023 03:08 PM

On my wife's 2008 S60, the automatic window is Not working properly, when the window goes up it doesn't stay closed, it reopens the window unless you hold the button on the up position..
I tried holding the button on the up position as suggested but unfortunately didn't work..
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!