Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo XC60 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc60-51/)
-   -   Voice to text not working (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc60-51/voice-text-not-working-102500/)

Jason Richardson 02-23-2020 03:02 PM

Voice to text not working

Hi All. I just bought an 2019 XC60 Inscription last week. I paired my Android based Galaxy S9 to it and was able to listen to, read, and send text messages, including by pressing the Voice button on the steering wheel and saying "text *name*." All of a sudden that isn't working - Voice says "no connection is available, please try again later." I did just update my phone to Android 10 so I'm wondering whether that has anything to do with it. Has anyone else experienced similar?

Thanks.

Marley C. 03-25-2021 10:55 AM

Same here on my xc90. I read somewhere it had to do with the AT&T hot spot, but that makes no sense to me as I'm using my phone to text not the car. Have you found a solution?

Ewendt7 10-03-2021 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Marley C. (Post 496421)
Same here on my xc90. I read somewhere it had to do with the AT&T hot spot, but that makes no sense to me as I'm using my phone to text not the car. Have you found a solution?

Any update on this. My 2022 xc60 has the same issue

Cruiter 10-04-2021 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ewendt7 (Post 503143)

I have been able to have the car read out my text messages but didn't know we could dictate a reply. I just looked into the manual and found this but don't know if it will help your issue or if I might have the same issue now. Car is in the garage.
"Note: This feature is currently only compatible with Android smart phone devices. Responding to text messages is NOT compatible with Apple devices that are not running on iOS 13. For responding with iPhone devices running on iOS 12 and older, you must use Apple CarPlay. For Devices running iOS 13, you may follow the instructions below.

To send a text message with a reply:
  1. In the Home Screen, swipe from right to left to open the App screen
  2. Select Messages
  3. Select the name of the contact and then tap Answer to reply
-or-
Press the voice button on the steering wheel and say "reply", "message", or "dictate" to speak your message and when prompted say "send"

Note: If you do not already have Data sharing enabled when you use voice to text, a pop up will display asking you to allow Data sharing, select "Allow"

http://volvornt.harte-hanks.com/Volv...Up_resized.bmp

Cruiter 10-04-2021 01:21 PM

Just reporting that my speech to txt did work, I replied to one while out. Kool beans, you taught me something new LOL
Thank you

tattriem 10-05-2021 08:55 AM

Any updates?

Are there any updates to this issue? I have the same problem with my Android phone.

Thanks.

jtbyland@gmail.com 04-12-2022 01:46 PM

Same problem with new XC90 Insignia Recharge

Originally Posted by Jason Richardson (Post 483291)
Hi All. I just bought an 2019 XC60 Inscription last week. I paired my Android based Galaxy S9 to it and was able to listen to, read, and send text messages, including by pressing the Voice button on the steering wheel and saying "text *name*." All of a sudden that isn't working - Voice says "no connection is available, please try again later." I did just update my phone to Android 10 so I'm wondering whether that has anything to do with it. Has anyone else experienced similar?

Thanks.

I have the exact same problem with a brand new XC 90 recharge insignia. It’s happened before and I do not remember the resolution. I have a iPhone 12. I can receive texts but I cannot initiate sending them using the hands-free control. This is my second Volvo and seven years newer than my last. Sadly, electronics have not gotten any better. When you call the customer service center, they look in the owners manual, just like you did before you called them. I’ll never get another Volvo.

jtbyland@gmail.com 04-12-2022 02:10 PM

2022 XC90 Recharge Insignia with same problem using iPhone 12 running IOS 15. Can receive texts but can't initiate using hands-free button. Says There is no connection, please try again later.

VolvoJen 11-15-2022 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ewendt7 (Post 503143)

I have the same issue. It was working fine for 2 years and just stopped. I have an android. It's the same phone I have had the whole time.

dmoore174 03-15-2024 01:52 PM

Dennis

Originally Posted by Jason Richardson (Post 483291)

Thanks.

Try disconnecting and reconnecting phone