Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

XC60 R-Design 2022 wont start when cold

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2021 | 07:38 AM
DWH
|
Default XC60 R-Design 2022 wont start when cold

I leased a new XC60 R-Design 2022 a few months back and I have been plagued by problems since the start, mainly software related, losing audio completely (even the indicator sound), google assist not working, maps being glitchy after a software update etc. and lets not talk about the Volvo App simply not working......these have all been software related and although annoying I can sort of live with them whilst Volvo sort out their less than perfect 'new' google OS.

My latest issue is causing me a lot more concern:
There has been 3 occasions when the car simply wont start, all the electrics are on and working but the error on the dash tells me I need to rotate the start button!! really! you think?
What I had noticed the last 2 times was the temperature was below 5 degrees. once it gets to 5 degrees it starts no problem (not sure if that is coincidence or an indicator of the problem)

I would appreciate advice from anyone else experiencing these problems.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-04-2023 | 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by DWH
I leased a new XC60 R-Design 2022 a few months back and I have been plagued by problems since the start, mainly software related, losing audio completely (even the indicator sound), google assist not working, maps being glitchy after a software update etc. and lets not talk about the Volvo App simply not working......these have all been software related and although annoying I can sort of live with them whilst Volvo sort out their less than perfect 'new' google OS.

My latest issue is causing me a lot more concern:
There has been 3 occasions when the car simply wont start, all the electrics are on and working but the error on the dash tells me I need to rotate the start button!! really! you think?
What I had noticed the last 2 times was the temperature was below 5 degrees. once it gets to 5 degrees it starts no problem (not sure if that is coincidence or an indicator of the problem)

I would appreciate advice from anyone else experiencing these problems.
I employ a sizable number of applications in my profession. And I make a point of only using good ones. And in doing this, I have the assistance of experts who are competent; you may learn more about them here and decide who to hire. Typically, I collaborate with a here business because I believe it to be the most trustworthy of its rivals. Additionally, I always received high-quality information products from them when I requested them.
Thanks in advance.
Very interesting problem

Old 07-05-2023 | 07:28 PM

What version of the software are you running?
Some of the problems describe are similar to v2.5 or earlier.

Edit: Just noticed the original post is from November 2021. So probably version v1.01 of the software at the time. An upgrade should have fixed it. Can OP confirm?

Last edited by Gallego; 07-05-2023 at 07:30 PM.