Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo XC70 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc70-17/)
-   -   2015.5 Volvo XC70 T6 Remote Start (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc70-17/2015-5-volvo-xc70-t6-remote-start-84392/)

jsampson 06-28-2015 01:15 AM

2015.5 Volvo XC70 T6 Remote Start

Just purchased this vehicle after owning a few new Volvo's in my lifetime. This one is the best by far. A curious question, I can use the iPhone to start my car (through a paid service but free for 6 months), but can't use the remote as noted in my owners manual to do the same thing. It seems that this is an upgrade feature. What gives? The internal technology is there, why can't this be performed on the key fob as noted? Sounds like a marketing ploy that doesn't make me happy! The internal 3G device is also a bit sluggish. Overall, the car is great!

steve76 06-28-2015 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by jsampson (Post 414257)
Just purchased this vehicle after owning a few new Volvo's in my lifetime. This one is the best by far. A curious question, I can use the iPhone to start my car (through a paid service but free for 6 months), but can't use the remote as noted in my owners manual to do the same thing. It seems that this is an upgrade feature. What gives? The internal technology is there, why can't this be performed on the key fob as noted? Sounds like a marketing ploy that doesn't make me happy! The internal 3G device is also a bit sluggish. Overall, the car is great!

I have the same car. Don't have the remote start but thinking of getting it added on with factory unit. Seems you should be able to do the start with either phone or key fob. One thing on my car. not much phone volume when have incoming call. I will be taking to dealership this week for the volume issue. I've only had it a week but love it so far.

steve76 06-30-2015 04:27 PM

Remote start

Today, I successfully set up through Volvo On Demand, remote start from my cell phone. Not as convenient as key fob but does work and gets the job done.

jsampson 07-01-2015 01:35 AM

Remote Start

Originally Posted by steve76 (Post 414411)
Today, I successfully set up through Volvo On Demand, remote start from my cell phone. Not as convenient as key fob but does work and gets the job done.

Volvo should offer this on the fob as standard, as the engine technology is already installed. Huge bummer and kinda makes me upset that they do this.

steve76 07-01-2015 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by jsampson (Post 414438)
Volvo should offer this on the fob as standard, as the engine technology is already installed. Huge bummer and kinda makes me upset that they do this.

Yes, I totally agree. The added cost as a standard feature would have been minimal to the price as compared to after add on not to mention the inconvenience.

dbuchter 08-07-2015 09:52 AM

This is not the answer I wanted to hear.

I just purchased a 2016 S60 that includes the Keyless Drive option that comes with the Convenience Package. I think that I rightfully assumed that Remote Start was also included with this since the Manual refers to this and it is not a separate option when you "build" a vehicle on the Volvo website (I actually couldn't find it mentioned anywhere in the build process).

I brought my car in to ask about this (among a few other things) yesterday, and he said it was a $500-ish software upgrade. I came to the forums to verify what he said.

Totally lame money squeeze in my opinion. Nice one Volvo.

steve76 08-07-2015 11:32 AM

I'm opting out of the remote start for now. Instead, spent the money toward Polestar upgrade which was installed just this week, Tuesday for $1k. REALLY made a huge difference in power. Goes like a bat out of hell now and a worthwhile upgrade IMO. Car now is super fast in all gears.