Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new 2017 XC90 Inscription- vibration HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Brand new 2017 XC90 Inscription- vibration HELP

Car has less than 3500 miles, I am feeling vibration in steering wheel and seats. Dealer service tech test drove -says he doesn't feel the vibration. After an argument with the Service Advisor : they rebalanced the wheels. Problem still exist. Service advisor said that they spoke to Volvo NOrth America and they wouldn't help either.

My wife and I are so frustrated on how Volvo's Customer service Is so far. I have asked them to perform an alignment and possibly change the tires. They wouldn't!

What do I do? Any similar experiences ? Please share.

Car has air suspension btw.

Thanks
Sundar

Old 10-16-2017, 08:33 AM

Is there a specific speed you notice it more than others?

FYI, I use Discount tire for all my tire and wheels needs. $65 will get you lifetime road-force balancing and rotating.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sundar
Car has less than 3500 miles, I am feeling vibration in steering wheel and seats. Dealer service tech test drove -says he doesn't feel the vibration. After an argument with the Service Advisor : they rebalanced the wheels. Problem still exist. Service advisor said that they spoke to Volvo NOrth America and they wouldn't help either.

My wife and I are so frustrated on how Volvo's Customer service Is so far. I have asked them to perform an alignment and possibly change the tires. They wouldn't!

Thanks
Sundar
Do you feel the vibration when applying the brakes or when drive at a certain speed?
I've noticed that the foam on some of these tires can come apart, specially on the s90.
They didn't offer to rotate the tires?

Old 10-17-2017, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sundar

Thanks
Sundar
Do you feel the vibration when applying the brakes or when driving at a certain speed?
I've noticed that the foam on some of these tires can come apart, specially on the s90.
They didn't offer to rotate the tires?

Old 10-20-2017, 06:56 AM

Make sure your tires are inflated to the proper pressure per the door sticker on the drivers side door jamb. Should say 38psi all around, I run 40. At 32-33psi, I have a slight vibration.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:01 PM
Default Same experience in 2017 S90 T6 Inscription

I have had the same experience! It has been to the dealership(s) 4 times. This time I got a new set of tires out of it. 30% improvement...maybe? But, the seats still shake most noticeably at 70+ mph. I have been told to escalate it to Volvo direct so the dealerships can start a service ticket.

FYI, the tires were balanced (twice), a "bent rotor" was replaced, and now new tires. And the new tires have now created a resonance hum at 60+ mph that is deafening to me, so those will be going!

Old 11-16-2017, 10:04 AM

Alignment being off will cause a small vibration, similar to a slightly unbalanced wheel.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:24 PM

Hi there, well in my experience whenever I hear about vibrations on volvo xc90, usually is a vacuum issue and starts with the engine mounts. If engine mounts are shot, thus is the first symptoms of vibrations, then check vacuum pump for leaking and pcv sensor as well.
Good day to you all.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:36 PM

Hey, any luck yet?
I've just been through a myriad of vibration hunting on another car. Here's what I've found can cause vibration:
Consistent vibrations are generally suspension related (bushes, wheel bearing, alignment, worn shockers or ball joints). These are all pretty easy to check.
If it vibrates under brakes, check your rotors.
If it vibrates under acceleration it's likely to be drive shafts.
I heard that when Volvo changed from the T5 to the T6 motor they didn't change the transmission and it had troubles dealing with the extra power. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd done the same thing again in upgrading the power plant without upgrading some other components.
Have you tried taking it to an independent suspension place or another Volvo dealer for their opinion?
Love to hear how you get on

Old 04-18-2018, 02:27 PM

Good evening,
I am a owner of a V90 (awd without air suspension) for a little less than a year and I have a big vibrations problem between 100km / h and 140 km / h. My dealer first to check wheel balancing and parallelism: no results. He tested with several sets of wheels and tires: no results. The Swedish engineers went down, validated differents transmission parts changes: without results. The dealer's last word is that the rims I bought at Volvo are too big and generate vibrations.

looking forward to reading you

Old 10-02-2018, 02:07 PM

I also have a 2017 XC90 Inscription with Air Suspension. I have vibration that shakes the car and steering wheel. It feels like a flat tire. It doesn't happen consistently usually when going down hill over 70 MPH. I had the brakes changed twice since the vibration gets worse while breaking. I still have the same vibration.
Did you find a way to resolve the problem?

Old 10-04-2018, 08:42 AM

Hello, no, the problem is not solved. I had my wheels changed to 21 inches for smaller ones and that alleviated the problem. Today, Volvo is aware but do absolutely nothing to help me out. My solution is that I will not buy Volvo or my employees.I am very disappointed with Volvo.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:18 AM
Default Markalpha

My XC90 also has the 21 inch wheels. So I should probably switch to the 20 inch wheels to get rid of the problem.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:13 AM

attention this did not solve the problem, just attenuated

Old 10-14-2018, 06:21 PM

I have a 16' XC90 T6 Inscription and it shakes very bad and stutters when giving it a heavy foot, and it also vibrates above 55 MPH. It also has a water leak underneath glove box, I have yet to take it in. It had a leak in the sunroof and they replaced the seal and it resolved the problem, though I am wondering what the vibration and jerking is being caused by. A week ago, I got a check engine light for fuel/air imbalance in cylinder one. It could be related to that.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:02 PM

Hi

I have a 2017 xc90 t6...it vibrates like there is a front end issue but only once In a while. It happens over 60 mph, but again, not always. When it shakes you feel the awful shake in the sterring wheel and all seats in the vehilce.
I reported it to our Vilvo dealer and they said they never heard of it.
any help?

Old 02-07-2019, 10:34 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by David Hopp
Hi

I have a 2017 xc90 t6...it vibrates like there is a front end issue but only once In a while. It happens over 60 mph, but again, not always. When it shakes you feel the awful shake in the sterring wheel and all seats in the vehilce.
I reported it to our Vilvo dealer and they said they never heard of it.
any help?
I have a 2018 V90 CC and having same issue. I just took it to dealer and they noticed the issue and checked wheel balance but did not find any problem. So they took one of the new V90 from their stock and took it to the same test drive route and noticed same wobbly vibration. Since they found same issue on other new same car, they said that this is the characteristic of this vehicle... One another thing is that the loaner car (2019 S60) they supplied me had the same issue......
No more volvo for me. I have 5 different brand vehicle now and non of them have this issue.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by xc90mb
I have a 16' XC90 T6 Inscription and it shakes very bad and stutters when giving it a heavy foot, and it also vibrates above 55 MPH. It also has a water leak underneath glove box, I have yet to take it in. It had a leak in the sunroof and they replaced the seal and it resolved the problem, though I am wondering what the vibration and jerking is being caused by. A week ago, I got a check engine light for fuel/air imbalance in cylinder one. It could be related to that.
There is a recall out for the leak, it’s caused by an a/c drain line becoming blocked. The main wiring harness for the car is under the front passenger floor so this can caus major problems, get it fixed ASAP.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:49 PM

We have a 2016 XC90 Inscription with air suspension. 20” wheels. The tires that came with and are currently on the vehicle are Pirelli Scorpion Verdes. We have had all 4 replaced (52k miles on vehicle). We had the tires road force balanced and seem to have little to no vibration now. Sometimes I notice some vibration when first driving the vehicle after it has been sitting a while but I attribute this to the tires flat spotting a bit since after driving a bit things smooth out. I normally buy Michelin and will next time for this car as well.

We have had a myriad of problems with this car since we have owned it and currently have a “suspension needs service” message being displayed. This is not the first time we have had this happen. The front air suspension seems abnormally high and we have an appointment set with the dealer. I won’t drop this car off at the dealer without getting a loaner since they have kept our car for weeks at a time in the past. This was out first Volvo and we have been very disppaointed with the reliability of the car.

Old 03-10-2019, 01:00 PM

I have a 2017 S90 Inscription that has a very pronounced vibration at speeds above 55MPH. I've had it to the dealership twice...they told me the wheels needed to be balanced--which we did. No improvement. Second time they told me it needed a special type of balancing...extra cost involved. We had it done....no improvement. For a car that cost $54K+ and has only 17K miles, this is very annoying!

Quick Reply: Brand new 2017 XC90 Inscription- vibration HELP