Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colors

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colors

Now that I have settled on the V8, I am trying to decide on the color.
Being in Japan, there are not many colors to look at in person. I`m trying to decide between the black sapphire, titanium gray and electric silver metallic. Unfortunately, the XC90 and color selection is pretty poor in the Japanese and military dealers. I`ve only been able to see the black sapphire.
Any opinions on the three colors? Real photos would be great. The photoshopped catalog photos just won`t cut it.

Thanks again

Old 02-10-2008, 09:45 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Colors

The brochure I picked up at a local dealer has following options other than the ones you've noted:

- White Pearl (white with metallic particles & clear coat; a popular colour in Japan)*V8 TE only
- Cedar Green Pearl (dark metallic green)*V8 TE only
- Magic Blue Pearl (dark metallic blue)*V8 TE only
- Larva Sand Pearl (almost identical to the titanium gray)
- Lunar Gold Pearl (pearl white with golden tint)*V8 TE only
- Willow Green Pearl (light metallic green)
- Shadow Blue Pearl (Similar to Magic Blue, except the tint is lighter)

Of all options, I personally liked Magic Blue Pearl the best, but the Cedar Green Pearl also looks brilliant. The V8 TE also comes with Nereus 7J x 18 wheels as standard. The TE, BTW, is sold as order-based and you can pick any colour match for the exterior & interior. I do not believe this applies to another V8 model, though.

JPN

[IMG]local://upfiles/6892/01DA41B9927348C7B5145E2A521947BC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-10-2008, 01:17 PM

Hi again. Hard to give any advice on colors since this is always based on personal preference. Black looks exclusive and nice as long as the vehicle is clean, but I'm sure you're aware of the challenges with keeping black clean and free from scratch marks. We went with the TiGray which also looks exclusive and dirt doesn’t show as much as on black. We also like how the bumper colors blend nicely with the TiGray.The dark blue looks nice as well. Too many silvers on the road. If you decide to add running boards/nerf bars, etc. this looks very nice with both the black and TiGray. Regarding interiors, I would strongly recommend the graphite since it is easier to keep clean than the beige or light gray (especially with kids. Again, just my personal preferences.

Cheers, mate.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:24 PM

I just went through exactly what you are going through in December when I ordered my XC V8. I wrote a letter to Volvo of America complaining about the lack of color choices for the V8. The letter was stimulated when I read that Volvo was going to have greater customer involvement in picking options on the C30 - for a $2-300 fee. I asked if this freedom of choice was going to spill over to other Volvo models, specifically the XC90. Got a nice note back... no. I ended up buying the TiGray with a tan (excuse me Sandstone) interior. I really wanted Shadow Blue, or Ruby red (offered on the '07s, but not on the '08s). I didn't want Volvo's showcase color Silver, or White. Colors are very personal, but a broader base of colors doesn't seem like a difficult thing, given the fact there is an extra charge for most colors anyway. If you eliminate Silver and White on the V8, the choices are very limited. It would seem the color choices would increase with the more expensive models. Volvo does just the opposite. But...what do I know. For me picking the color was by eliminating the others one by one....hey, that kinda sounds like the upcoming November election.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:47 PM

Anybody have nice pictures of their TiGray?

JPN, thanks for the brochure scan but I am limited to the US specs color choices and the other colors really don't appeal to me.

My wife's car is white (first car I ever bought that was white) andthe colorjust doesn't stand out very much. The dark metallic blue is ok but I thought the black sapphire looked better. The shadow metallic blue is my favorite color but unfortunately it is not offered for the V8.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:07 PM
JPN

I wonder if you can find some alternatives at Volvo's U.S website:

http://www.volvocars.us/models/xc90/gallery/360.htm
http://www.volvocars.us/models/xc90/...or/default.htm

The U.S model seems to have nice red, but not sure if it is available on the V8.

JPN

Old 02-10-2008, 07:34 PM

I heard that the red looks good on the V8 sport. A very deep color.

My car (a hand me down from the wife) is a red M3 convertible, it looks good on that car, so I don't have anything against red.
I just have trouble with red on a SUV. It makes me think of lipstick on a burly guy.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:53 PM
JPN

>It makes me think of lipstick on a burly guy.
That is disgusting I would go with different colours then. I accidentally imagined of the senator in "Californya" with lipstick job.....[8D].

JPN

Old 02-11-2008, 12:31 AM

Id go for the ice white with the vulcanis rims oorrrrr the black saphire metallic with galateia rims lol... tough choices :P

Old 02-19-2008, 09:55 PM

I would go with either the tigray or the willow green. I have the willow green. its super not many out there so it stands out abit.. more an more coming but still low numbers.. The tigray is also super with the darker interior with kids...