Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

howdy and help please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default howdy and help please!

Hello all, this is my first post, as I've just purchased an 06 XC90 V8 two weeks ago. So far, this thing is pretty awesome. Gets a little better gas mileage than I was expecting, too.

Only issue I've got thus far is this... whoever owned it prior to me installed a bluetooth module. And since they loaded their phonebook into it, I can't load mine. And I have no idea how to delete theirs, since the bluetooth doesn't appear to have any markings on it whatsoever. Does anyone recognize this thing? It's got a remote microphone mounted above the rear view mirror. Seems at least moderately nice as the call quality on the other end seems to be be fairly good (people can't tell I'm on bluetooth.).

Anyhow, here's a picture:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 11-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also new to our 2008 XC90 but have played around with the Bluetooth a little. That's the Volvo standard bluetooth system and you should be able to download a manual from the internets, but for now try this:

1. Press the big button.
2. Say "Setup menu."
3. Say "List devices."
4. When it lists the old user's device say "Delete device." Then confirm the deletion by saying "Yes" when it asks.

That should clear the old device. I'm not sure whether it will also delete the uploaded address book, but it's worth a try. You can also say "Help" in any menu and it will list all the commands you can say from that menu. That should get you to the right sequence if the above does not work.

I've actually found that rather than uploading your address book, it's easier to just hit the button and say "Phone voice commands," and then just use your commands as if you were speaking directly to the phone. That works great with the iPhone, allowing you to access your iPhone address book just like you were speaking directly to the iPhone. I would bet that it works with Siri too, but couldn't be sure as I don't have a 4s.

Last edited by OldMBGuy; 11-30-2011 at 03:25 PM.