Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power seat is not working at all.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power seat is not working at all.

okay, I'll pick up for Jenny.
I have a passenger seat that wont work at all. Not up, down, or forward, It is a Volvo XC90 (v8). I had the seat unbolted last week to change out the yaw sensor and think that I may have loosened something. I checked all the plugs under the seat and they all seem to be connected. I checked the fuse at the left side of the dash and it looked fine. I'm not sure what else to do.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:24 PM

I sure wish someone had helped you with this. Our 2006 XC90 passenger seat is doing the exact same thing. I've diagnosed just like you did with no help, myself.

Maybe resurrecting this topic will bring forward someone to help.

Originally Posted by szucchi
I have a passenger seat that wont work at all. Not up, down, or forward, It is a Volvo XC90 (v8). I had the seat unbolted last week to change out the yaw sensor and think that I may have loosened something. I checked all the plugs under the seat and they all seem to be connected. I checked the fuse at the left side of the dash and it looked fine. I'm not sure what else to do.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:16 PM

No help?
In addition to the right hand power seat inoperative (it doesn't even try) both the front and rear 12 Volt power outlets are dead.

I've checked all the fuses that the owner's manual lists. They're hard to get to; under the left hand dash. All fuses check good (even with a VOM).

I pulled the center console to look for a wiring problem. Can't find anything amiss there, either.

Does someone here know the interior wiring or maybe can direct me to a wiring diagram? I'd really like to fix this. It's probably a simply problem . . . once the source if found.

Ken

Old 06-14-2015, 09:28 AM

Check the fuses directly under the steering wheel column! My seat was inop for months, checked all the plugs and the left fuse panel, no fix there. Turns out it was a loose fuse in the panel directly under the steering wheel.Good luck
Owners manual doesn't mention a power seat fuse under the steering column. Fyi

Last edited by szucchi; 06-14-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:10 AM

Check the fuses directly under the steering wheel column! My seat was inop for months, checked all the plugs and the left fuse panel, no fix there. Turns out it was a loose fuse in the panel directly under the steering wheel.Good luck
Thank you!
Will absolutely check for the unmentioned fuse under the steering column as soon as the car gets back from church. I'll report back. Appreciate the help.

Ken

Old 12-11-2016, 10:46 AM

Hi Ken:

I'm having the same problem with an inoperative passenger seat and front/rear 12 Volt power outlets. Were you able to resolve the issue? Thanks.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:58 PM

I have exact same issue, e.g. passenger side power seat is not working at all, AND front/middle 12V sockets are dead in the same time. Wondering if anyone has fixed this issue already?

Old 10-06-2017, 11:02 PM

Old 10-07-2017, 04:06 PM

thanks for the notes. I just double checked both fuse boxes under steering panel and left. None of them are loose or blown. I tried to dismount the front cigarette lighter without any luck I might have to send the xc90 back to dealer next week to fix.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:28 PM
Default Any Luck?

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I’ve found other information indicating it may be a CEM issue. Don’t want to pull the CEM and send it in if there is an easier option.

Old 03-23-2019, 04:30 PM

I just had same problem. Checked all fyses relays and all good Connected computer and it saud software malfunction for driver seat. I renoved power wires from under the seat 3 plugs. Green and two grey color for 10 seconds. Key was out of ignition. Reconnected and everything good . All power seat settings work.

Old 09-22-2019, 06:30 PM

Same problem here with my XC90 2013. Passenger power seat not working (ventilation, massage and heat on the same seat works ok) and both ciggarete lighters (front and rear) not working. Anyone found solution on this in the meantime?

Old 11-24-2019, 01:16 PM
Default Xc90 power seat issue

Originally Posted by Ken R
No help?
In addition to the right hand power seat inoperative (it doesn't even try) both the front and rear 12 Volt power outlets are dead.

I've checked all the fuses that the owner's manual lists. They're hard to get to; under the left hand dash. All fuses check good (even with a VOM).

I pulled the center console to look for a wiring problem. Can't find anything amiss there, either.

Does someone here know the interior wiring or maybe can direct me to a wiring diagram? I'd really like to fix this. It's probably a simply problem . . . once the source if found.

Ken
Ken, we're you able to resolve this issue? If so, what was the cause and how did you fix it?

Old 11-24-2019, 01:19 PM
Default Xc90 power seat issue

Originally Posted by v850tdi
Same problem here with my XC90 2013. Passenger power seat not working (ventilation, massage and heat on the same seat works ok) and both ciggarete lighters (front and rear) not working. Anyone found solution on this in the meantime?
were you able to resolve this issue? If so, what was the cause and how did you fix it?

Old 11-24-2019, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by i m r an
I just had same problem. Checked all fyses relays and all good Connected computer and it saud software malfunction for driver seat. I renoved power wires from under the seat 3 plugs. Green and two grey color for 10 seconds. Key was out of ignition. Reconnected and everything good . All power seat settings work.
were you able to resolve this issue? If so, what was the cause and how did you fix it?

Old 01-08-2020, 10:46 AM
Default Unsuccessful repair summary

Same here : no power to passenger seat controls and no power to front and middle 12V outlets on 2009 XC90.
Power to 12V in the boot works fine, as does seat heating. I haven't solved the issue yet, but just sharing my unsuccessful attempts.

Fuses
There are two fuse boxes of relevance to the seat power controls. One is a 5A fuse above the driver's feet (position 28). The other's a 25A fuse on the left side of the dashboard, accessible only when the driver's door is open (position 4). I switched both fuses with a nearby fuse of same amp and got no results. Also checked 12V outlet fuse which was fine.

Wires
User "i m r an" suggested disconnecting some wires under the driver's seat (even though the problem is on the passenger's seat). I did find the green connector and the two grey ones, and disconnected them for about 10 seconds but this had no effect on the passenger seat controls or the 12V outlets, unfortunately.

Other
The fact that it's both the 12V outlets and the seat power controls suggests that this is not about a fuse, but rather another electronic element. There's a guide in French at https://en.calameo.com/read/00098375906604c67c2f1 of an owner who dismounted the fuse holder above the driver's feet and replaced a faulty relay there.
This is too complex for me, I'm afraid, but may be of interest to others.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can confirm when you lose power to both 12V sockets & Passenger seat, the Power relay in the CEM in the guide https://en.calameo.com/read/00098375906604c67c2f1 is the culprit. I just replaced mine and now it is all working. The hardest part of this is de-soldering the Relay from the PCB, but if you have a vacuum type de-soldering iron, it should be OK.

Old 06-26-2022, 05:35 PM

There aren't any fuses under my column. It's a 2004 Volvo XC90 2.5t. only relays. Could it be a relay? And what one would it be?

Old 07-23-2022, 03:33 PM

Hello anyone perform the relay replacement as detailed in the link above? I am having the same issues with the passenger side seat and power outlets.

Old 09-10-2022, 05:15 PM

Well, I followed the instructions for replacing the relay in the CEM, in fact I tried two different relays

TYCO V23134-J52-X439 70A 12VDC and Potter & BrumfieldŽ 12VDC--70Amp Relay (VF7-11F12)

I checked both relays and they work there is continuity along the tracks and solder points, put everything back and still no power. No other functions are affected. No DTC in the ECU (used an xtool scanner checks all the modules) for any faults other than the light bulb for the key ring. I dont know if I should get another CEM and have it cloned or check with someone that has VIDA to see if they can scan for more info, Any input is appreciated

Quick Reply: Power seat is not working at all.