Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacing factory stereo with a kenwood After-Market DVD

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing factory stereo with a kenwood After-Market DVD

Dear All,

Since 2004 I have been looking on the web for various ways to install a double-din advanced radio that supports color navigation, USB jack, MP3 playing, etc.

I have seen and read multiple suppliers. In summary, they are talking about this:

·Custom Panel
·Custom Module to bypass Optics
·Custom Module for Steering Wheel Controls
·Custom Module to make the Rear PDC work (this works via original radio normally)
·Custom Looms/harness
·Custom Antenna Module
·Adapters

However, the only reliable source who agreed to send me this stuff, had one condition and that was to buy the DVD from him. He suggested a unit that costs US$1,600 however, he wants a total of US$4,000 for the unit plus the listed modules, including tech support of how to install.

I am located in Kuwait. The dealer had agreed to perform this if I hold them harmless of any damage (in writing) as a result, and the supplier is in London, had agreed to ship the kit with the know-how.

I need to speak to anyone here with past experience in this field as I found the price too high, which does not include shipping/clearance fees, and dealer's labor too!

Any hints, information you provide regarding this matter will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Yabani