Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 XC90 Radio does not work after disconnecting battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 XC90 Radio does not work after disconnecting battery

I have a 2007 XC90 and after i did a little work under the hood (replaced the PCV Valve Cover Oil Deflector, but that's another story). After this repair i disconnected and reconnected the battery as suggested by a video to reset the computer and make the check engine light go off (which it did). since then the radio does not work correctly. IT'S NOT THE CODE. it's not asking me for the code.

When I push the Power button for the radio the screen shows "High Performance Sound " briefly, and a few seconds later, it all disappears.Climate controls/AC work just fine, I can even push the Tuner button and adjust the treble and bass etc. Selecting any of those just goes right back to the default screen. Anyone faced this problem? Any ideas?

I know this is an issue because i've seen it described in other threads and locations online but i haven 't seen any solution. has anyone else seen this issue resolved anywhere?

Last edited by Not Sure; 09-16-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Not Sure
I have a 2007 XC90 and after i did a little work under the hood (replaced the PCV Valve Cover Oil Deflector, but that's another story). After this repair i disconnected and reconnected the battery as suggested by a video to reset the computer and make the check engine light go off (which it did). since then the radio does not work correctly. IT'S NOT THE CODE. it's not asking me for the code.

When I push the Power button for the radio the screen shows "High Performance Sound " briefly, and a few seconds later, it all disappears.Climate controls/AC work just fine, I can even push the Tuner button and adjust the treble and bass etc. Selecting any of those just goes right back to the default screen. Anyone faced this problem? Any ideas?

I know this is an issue because i've seen it described in other threads and locations online but i haven 't seen any solution. has anyone else seen this issue resolved anywhere?
I had this happen to me yesterday. The solution that worked for me was to disconnect the car battery for a few minutes and then reconnect it.