Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo XC90 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc90-9/)
-   -   Volvo XC90 Electric Driver Seat Moves by Itself While I'm Driving (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc90-9/volvo-xc90-electric-driver-seat-moves-itself-while-im-driving-84292/)

joeldm 06-18-2015 06:38 PM

Volvo XC90 Electric Driver Seat Moves by Itself While I'm Driving

I have a 2006 2.5t with powered driver and front passenger "memory" seats. Recently, starting in the Spring, the seat would reset itself to all the way back when I would get in again after having parked and turned it off. When I got back in the seat it would move itself all the way back, then I would have to wait a full minute before the memory button (or any adjust controls) would allow me to return it to my normal driving position.

In the last couple of weeks however, there have been several instances of the seat just randomly adjusting itself all the way back by itself while driving! At first it seemed to be the result of a bump on the road. Now it seems to just do so randomly although I can't rule out a smaller bump or car movement precipitating the move.

I'd like to take a run at a DIY solution if there is one. Is there a specific controller I can adjust/reset/replace or some other solution?

Any clue on a cause? Suggestions for a cure, short of a service call?

Joel
Atlanta, GA

jskmmom4 10-28-2016 03:20 PM

Ours is doing it too!

Were you able to fix your mystery moving seats? Our 06 xc90 is doing the same!

Originally Posted by joeldm (Post 413786)
I have a 2006 2.5t with powered driver and front passenger "memory" seats. Recently, starting in the Spring, the seat would reset itself to all the way back when I would get in again after having parked and turned it off. When I got back in the seat it would move itself all the way back, then I would have to wait a full minute before the memory button (or any adjust controls) would allow me to return it to my normal driving position.

In the last couple of weeks however, there have been several instances of the seat just randomly adjusting itself all the way back by itself while driving! At first it seemed to be the result of a bump on the road. Now it seems to just do so randomly although I can't rule out a smaller bump or car movement precipitating the move.

I'd like to take a run at a DIY solution if there is one. Is there a specific controller I can adjust/reset/replace or some other solution?

Joel
Atlanta, GA

Mikewill 10-09-2018 10:22 AM

Same problem with my 07 xc90

Originally Posted by joeldm (Post 413786)

Joel
Atlanta, GA

has anyone found the problem yet?

Glenf 07-18-2023 07:03 AM

Just wondering if anyone has managed to fix this issue? My 2016 XC60 has recently started doing the same thing