Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What bluetooth options does xc90 have?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What bluetooth options does xc90 have?

I want an integrated solution but don't want to pay $500 to the stealership. What do you guys recommend?

Old 03-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there;
I have included the photo of the Bluetooth that came with my car. We got our XC90 used last month and it came with the Volvo's Bluetooth setup as seen here below the centre vents.
Is this what the dealer is quoting you $500 for?
It does work really well. It picks up my phone every time I start the car automatically and the sound comes through the factory speakers. The mic is located just above the rear view mirror. The stereo mutes automatically when you call out or a call comes in.
The only short-fall that I have encountered is that you have to load up the unit with your contact info individually and only holds about 30 contacts.
The only other Bluetooth that I have used was the Blue Ant ST3. That works from your contact list on your phone and is portable and works very well. Good loud sound and very clear; easy to use.

Attached Thumbnails What bluetooth options does xc90 have?-volvo-bluetooth.jpg  
Old 03-15-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by BikerJohn
Hi there;
I have included the photo of the Bluetooth that came with my car. We got our XC90 used last month and it came with the Volvo's Bluetooth setup as seen here below the centre vents.
Is this what the dealer is quoting you $500 for?
It does work really well. It picks up my phone every time I start the car automatically and the sound comes through the factory speakers. The mic is located just above the rear view mirror. The stereo mutes automatically when you call out or a call comes in.
The only short-fall that I have encountered is that you have to load up the unit with your contact info individually and only holds about 30 contacts.
The only other Bluetooth that I have used was the Blue Ant ST3. That works from your contact list on your phone and is portable and works very well. Good loud sound and very clear; easy to use.
Thanks for the reply, yes this is the kit that they want to charge $500.00 for. If I am not mistaken this is a Motorola Bluetooth Kit that I see on Ebay for $100.00, but I was wondering if there is a Volvo specific version of this...

Jarek

Old 03-15-2010, 01:57 PM

The one that is actually in my car is an actual Volvo OEM product specific to Volvos. It comes with it's own Volvo Accessory manual. It may be manufactured by Motorola but it does not state that anywhere in the manual.
I've checked the eBay site but was not able to find a complete unit for less that $275. There are specific harnesses for specific Volvo models and modules that is also required if you have Park Assist.
$500 to spend on a BT is very steep but then it may take the mechanics around 2 hours to install the unit to make it work seamlessly.
I don't know about how an aftermarket unit would incorporate with the Volvo HU or if it would work as it should....
I have used the Blue Ant ST3 and was very pleased with it's performance. Here is the link for that unit:http://www.blueant.com.au/products/s..._downloads.php
It's worth a look.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:58 PM

The one that is actually in my car is an actual Volvo OEM product specific to Volvos. It comes with it's own Volvo Accessory manual. It may be manufactured by Motorola but it does not state that anywhere in the manual.
I've checked the eBay site but was not able to find a complete unit for less that $275. There are specific harnesses for specific Volvo models and modules that is also required if you have Park Assist.
$500 to spend on a BT is very steep but then it may take the mechanics around 2 hours to install the unit to make it work seamlessly.
I don't know about how an aftermarket unit would incorporate with the Volvo HU or if it would work as it should....
I have used the Blue Ant ST3 and was very pleased with it's performance. Here is the link for that unit:http://www.blueant.com.au/products/s..._downloads.php
It's worth a look.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:45 AM

I inquired about bluetooth for my 2004 XC90. I was quoted $700. I was told to go to the website and look at accessories. I don't see it but I remember seeing a brochure and if I remember correctly it's a motorola that looks like what's on bikerjohn's picture. Do you guys think $700 is too much? I will ask around in other dealerships. Maybe others have cheaper price.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Default This is mine - 2010 XC90

It was listed as $450 option. It does work well, though I would prefer something more integrated (on steering wheel)

Lac

Attached Thumbnails What bluetooth options does xc90 have?-img_0192.jpg  
Old 11-15-2010, 12:34 AM

Thanks Lac. Where can I find the $450 option? Can you send the link? Thanks for the picture! I thought it was the motorola one. I guess they may have changed it already.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 PM

It was on the information sheet (the big window one) when I purchased it.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by lacibaci
It was listed as $450 option. It does work well, though I would prefer something more integrated (on steering wheel)

Lac
Hi Lac, I have bought a volvo with a blue tooth that looks exactly like the one in your pic, can you tell me where i might get a manual for it, I asked the dealer and he did not know (?) many thanks
Duff

Old 04-24-2011, 12:23 AM

That unit was made by motorola for volvo and as usual the volvo dealers a stupified by your questions a better choice would be the in -ear unit made by jawbone for about $79.oo and can be picked up at you local best buy it has noise canceling built in you can see it online at Jawbone | Bluetooth Headsets, Wireless Speakers, Apps & More

Old 04-24-2011, 12:46 AM

thi is a link to the original volvo bluetooth
VolvoPartsConnect

MSRP: $287.72 Your Price: $287.72
$235.93 Item Number: 31285547

Old 04-24-2011, 08:57 AM

The Volvo part number for the manual is 31285 550.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:40 PM

I use a Motorola T215 that clips on to my visor. $30 at Amazon and it works great.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by stonepa
I use a Motorola T215 that clips on to my visor. $30 at Amazon and it works great.

yes my friend uses that in his Jeep Commander and loves it

Old 05-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Default Bluetooth for xc90.

Take a look at Grom Audio products, so far I've seen in their video ad, you have to disconnect / eliminate the CD player for the Grom box

Old 05-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Default Xc 90 anti skid service req

in my 04 xc 90 awd. It is the yaw rate sensor that went bad. This sensor manages the skid when you're on snow or icy roadway. The sun roof drain was clogged and rain water collected in the floor on the right side under the passenger seat, not in the carpet. Right under the Right front seat is the amplifier and under that there is a space where the YAW SENSOR is attached. It's a very easy change/fix/ you tube videos, but expensive to buy. A used one is about $225.usd but a new one can cost $550 +

Old 05-21-2017, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Reynold Gayahpersad
in my 04 xc 90 awd. It is the yaw rate sensor that went bad. This sensor manages the skid when you're on snow or icy roadway. The sun roof drain was clogged and rain water collected in the floor on the right side under the passenger seat, not in the carpet. Right under the Right front seat is the amplifier and under that there is a space where the YAW SENSOR is attached. It's a very easy change/fix/ you tube videos, but expensive to buy. A used one is about $225.usd but a new one can cost $550 +
visit
VOLVOPROJECT.com

Old 08-30-2020, 04:04 AM
Default help for Bluetooth kit

Hi, I have volvo c30 and I have the same your bluetooth kit as photo.
But I didnt work this kit. Can you help me for this topic.
Thank you
Gizem
gizemguler88@gmail.com

Old 09-01-2020, 09:18 PM

I'm going with this one if I can find it, https://gromaudio.com/store/most_ada...optofiber.html

sound quality and loudness just fine fully integrates with 1 disk head unit needs a scan button. but get Bluetooth and aux and USB connectivity simple install.
around 550 I waiting until I hear back from the vendor what special order means. if its take my cash maybe it will come nope lol.

"Update"
So After 611 CAD I will get it by the 8th I ordered HD radio module as well figured always wanted HD.
My cd won't work after but I've used those for years.
I looked at different options even the dealer This was the best option I can play my USB sticks fully functional handsfree Bluetooth best part is all controls work well that's the plan

just another option.

Last edited by alexo1us; 09-02-2020 at 09:24 PM. Reason: "Update"