Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo 240, 740 & 940
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2014, 04:37 PM
1994 Volvo 940

Default fuel pressure regulator

I am replacing my fuel pressure regulator on my 1994 940T and I wanted to know if you have to remove the fuel relay fuse prior to removing the regulator? I have been looking on line and I have seen people either pull the fuse while the car is running, causing the car to use the fuel in the line and stall. I have also saw on another site that said to just remove the neutral cable from the battery. Any info or tips on replacing the regulator would be much appreciated.

Ryan.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
1992 Volvo 745
My Garage

just disconnect the ground cable. the amount of pressure held in the system is miniscule, when you loosen the fuel connection about a teaspoon might spurt out, have a rag handy to catch it.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:58 PM