Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

C70 airbag problems / driver seat leather wear from seatbelt

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C70 airbag problems / driver seat leather wear from seatbelt

I have a 2007 C70 & loved it for the first year. I purchased it new from a dealer. When it was ~ 14 months old (12K miles) two problems arose.

The first was an error message at the message center stating "passenger airbag off, serivce urgent". I brought it to the dealer where I purchased the car & they repaired it. I was told it was the "weight sensor". But overall there was a delay as they then needed to replace the seat heater as it did not work after they fixed the weight sensor. After having it back for a few days, again the same error message went off. It was fixed for the 2nd time but again a few days later the message occurred again.

I dropped off my car this morning for the dealer to fix this problem (for the 3rd time).

The second problem that occurred was that the drivers seat had worn through where the seat belt comes out. Initially the service manger told me this was "normal" wear & tear. However, after 14 months and 12,000 miles I found it hard to believe that a company known for safety was endorsing early wear & tear from a seat belt. After many long discussions with the service manger, the manager of all of their dealerships, & Volvo, they did repalce the leather. However, with this long drawn out process fighting for this to be fixed, I am losing my patience when now my C70 is in for service for the 3rd time to fix the passenger airbag.

I have had a loaner for over 6 weeks intermitently since October.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated!