Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo XC90
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2009, 04:31 PM

Default Oil Filter Wrench

So today I decided to change the oil on my X90. I have all the right tools except for the oil filter wrench. Of course it had to be 86mm and not 85mm where you can get at any Autozone. So now I had to order one from FC Groten Auto parts online.

Required OIl filter wrench size is 86mm for 2006 X90

https://www.fcpgroton.com/product-ex...ler_Cap_Wrench

Cost me 14 bucks shipped. And of course I already drained the oil so now my truck is stuck on ramps for a couple of days. Ok, rant over thanks!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Banned

Stop putting the filter on so tight. I've been fixing cars for a quarter of a century now, and if the filter was installed properly you should not need a wrench to remove it. In my tool box I keep several different oil filter wrenches, but the ones I use the most are my filter pliers made by Blue Point and distributed by Snap-On.
============================

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 06-05-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: spam links
Old 10-06-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijju View Post
Stop putting the filter on so tight. I've been fixing cars for a quarter of a century now, and if the filter was installed properly you should not need a wrench to remove it. In my tool box I keep several different oil filter wrenches, but the ones I use the most are my filter pliers made by Blue Point and distributed by Snap-On.
============================
haha, this is my first time changing the oil myself hence the need to order a wrench. The dealer usually does it. So its probably better you tell them that.

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 06-05-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: spam links
Old 10-06-2009, 09:38 AM

Tags
2000, blue, change, filter, fliter, oil, point, s40, s60, s70, snap, v70, volvo, vplvo, wrench, xc90