v70 vs xc

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v70 vs xc

I'm new to the Volvo family, proud to have joined. I just bought a 2000 v70 xc with some parts that need replacing, enough to make me consider a parts car that I can sell to a junk yard when I'm done. There's one in town, same year, but it's not an xc. I know this is a loaded question, but does the xc change too much to make it not worth it to go that route? Major swaps will be the two back seat doors, lots of interior aesthetics, a few small interior electronics/mechanics, bumper, running light unit, windshield, and more. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Old 11-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been fixing up my high mileage 1999 V70 XC over the past couple months using all kinds of parts from S70 / V70 / V70 XC at my local Pick'nPull.
1998's, 1999's, 2000's.

Body work, trim, interior stuff mostly all transfer over.
IE: I got a a colour match hood from an S70 plus all kinds of interior parts, hatch struts, climate control pieces, electrical parts, etc., etc.

The mechanical stuff can be somewhat less transferable... Depends what you need.
For example the rear Nivomat shocks are specific to the V70 Xc and I now have found 2 sets that were better than my originals, or the V70 XC foglights I only found on an V70 XC. Rear muffler section was specific, too.

I have been watching local Pick'nPull inventory online and when a 1999 or 2000 V70 XC shows up in the yard I hit it immediately and grab what I need or want for spares.

Use the online parts sites to verify whether or not a specific part will work or not. Many do!