01 V70 T5, sunroof and a/c issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017 | 09:00 AM
|
Default 01 V70 T5, sunroof and a/c issues

So I have recently fixed a mess of problems on this lovely vehicle and everything was great until my sunroof started to act up. When I press the switch to auto open it it stops after moving partially the it only moves slightly when I push it again. It does the same thing going forward and some times the switch doesn't do anything. It does start working properly but eventually reverts back to the same thing. For my a/c issue, it blows cold but every once an while when I turn on the a/c or even just turning on the blower I feel the air come out of the vents but then I hear a little motor and the air stops like I pressed the manual circulation button. I can hear it blowing but it's like it keeps closing itself off. If I turn the air off and then back on I feel it again but it closes off again. It's not all the time but annoying to say the least. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 05-14-2017 | 02:34 PM
|

Originally Posted by Brandon4TW
So I have recently fixed a mess of problems on this lovely vehicle and everything was great until my sunroof started to act up. When I press the switch to auto open it it stops after moving partially the it only moves slightly when I push it again. It does the same thing going forward and some times the switch doesn't do anything. It does start working properly but eventually reverts back to the same thing. For my a/c issue, it blows cold but every once an while when I turn on the a/c or even just turning on the blower I feel the air come out of the vents but then I hear a little motor and the air stops like I pressed the manual circulation button. I can hear it blowing but it's like it keeps closing itself off. If I turn the air off and then back on I feel it again but it closes off again. It's not all the time but annoying to say the least. Any help is greatly appreciated!
I've been messing around with it and have discovered that I haven't had that quality sensor on at all, but having it on hasn't changed much. I also discovered that if I turn my a/c off it blows through the vents as normal but if I turn the a/c on it stops blowing. I hear my blower motor going but I get no air flow. I can press manual and auto and change speeds but it won't blow with the a/c on only with it off.

Old 05-14-2017 | 08:27 PM

On the first Gen V-70's I have had a couple cars experience having one of the air intake doors stuck. Thus they had a certain mode where you didn't get any air, but the fan is still running. It may be that turning on A/C is sending it into recirc mode, which should close the fresh air intake. If the recirc door is stuck then that is what is stopping the air.

You can probably get to the stepper motors moving these doors by pulling out the glove box. I am just guessing.

Last edited by firebirdparts; 05-14-2017 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2017 | 09:49 AM
|

Originally Posted by firebirdparts
On the first Gen V-70's I have had a couple cars experience having one of the air intake doors stuck. Thus they had a certain mode where you didn't get any air, but the fan is still running. It may be that turning on A/C is sending it into recirc mode, which should close the fresh air intake. If the recirc door is stuck then that is what is stopping the air.

You can probably get to the stepper motors moving these doors by pulling out the glove box. I am just guessing.
My issue ended up being the actuator on the side of the blower motor. The small arm on the side wasn't connected causing the flap to close over the blower motor reconnected and all is ok on that front. I can't seem to find its name though. I'm thinking it's a blend door but I'm not completely sure.